Gregg Glenn III enters transfer portal

3 Likes

Gotta mean something from the portal is brewing…right?

I’m thinking maybe it means that a difficult conversation was had about Glenn’s future with respect to PT at Michigan. Total speculation on my part, though.

4 Likes

I’m thinking the same thing. Who is coming in? I’m treating this as positive news under the assumption someone better is coming in

3 Likes

Don’t think it has to mean Nkamhoua or someone else is imminent, but clear that Michigan’s not expecting to have it be Nkamhoua or nothing (5s aside)

8 Likes

Juwan told Glenn he’s leaving for the NBA

6 Likes

Staff deserves a lot of credit for how they responded post-HD/Bufkin/Jett mass exodus. Barnes and Glenn hitting the portal and having 5 schollys to work with while retaining the highest upside returning players is pretty much the best case scenario. Avoided doomsday dead weight.

30 Likes

Thanks, Glenn, for choosing Michigan. Hope you had fun while you were here and that you kill it in your next stop. As long as it’s not in the conference. And yes I sure do hope this signals something imminent.

23 Likes

What will happen to @boutros if Greggorious Glenn joins Greg Gard?

1 Like

We’re done

10 Likes

That’s very well said. I’m not sure I love this new era of player movement, but if you’re going to compete in it and treat the sport like a pro-league with 1-year contracts…I’m glad Michigan is doing so.

Barnes and Glenn moving on is basically the exact thing you would draw up on this message board (besides the ever present “Jace to Walk-on”) so that you could free up scholarships. It is also probably best for those two as well so they can find the right opportunity to contribute and if they do - then they’ll be back in the P6 as a grad transfer soon enough.

Upgrading the end of the bench from Barnes/Glenn to guys who have actually seen the court is pretty significant.

8 Likes

Glenn seems destined for one of the several acronym schools in florida

10 Likes

So where do we stand, how many free schollies do we have right now? Is it one?

And people got mad at me when I told them it would be best for Gregg Glenn to explore the portal lol

1 Like

We have two

4 Likes

Juwan channeling his Tom Izzo with 10 scholarship guys, sweet sixteen incoming. Unfortunately not the type of recruiting class Izzo has coming in.

6 Likes

I liked the few minutes I saw of Glenn. Tbf I see potential in any freshman player who plays for us because I want roster continuity and moar 4 year program guys so I can’t really say my perspective is objective.

12 Likes

Wow, this is looking like a completely retooled squad. Any projections about this being a bubble team should be thrown out the window, this team could be anything.

Dug
Love
Burnett/Yoyo
Nkamhoua/Jackson
Tarris/a versatile 4

2 Likes

Wow, I had a very different take. Most notably I recall him entering the last 2-3 minutes of a blowout (can’t remember which game), and I have to say it was among the worst basketball performances that I’ve ever seen, and that includes middle school and high school ball! Quite honestly, it was laughably bad.

That said, transitioning to college basketball can be so incredibly difficult for many talented players (think about Kobe Bufkin’s freshman year as an example), and the sample size this year was so small, so hopefully Glenn can go somewhere that is a good fit for him, and really blossom. I wish him well.

8 Likes

really hoping this news means something better is coming.

4 Likes