Game 7: North Carolina at Michigan Open Thread

I thought he was shorter than spike? Guess not

1 Like

Roy shouldnā€™t take White out this half, if possible. Any Seventh Woods mins are a huge boon for Michigan.

You miss five layups and leave 4 or 5 points at the free throw line but are up by 4.

Are you happy to be winning or regretting the fact that you donā€™t have a more significant lead?

2 Likes

Maybe resting Teske and trying to prevent picking up a silly foulā€¦

1 Like

When UNC was up by 10 after their hot start, I said they couldnā€™t maintain that shooting (69.2%). They finished the half at 48.3%. Our defensive pressure picked up, we adjusted to the flow of the game and they started misssing shots.
Second half should be interesting. Letā€™s hope that final shot by Poole gets him going.

Poole looked good in all aspects the ball just was not falling.

I was more worried about Matthews sketchy ball handling.

2 Likes

Both, but more happy. They way we played, especially after the first 5 mins, the lead fits the product on the court. Encouraged for the 2nd half.

Considering the unnatural nosies I was making with each miss, Im feeling the latter.

On the road, not happy. At home, Iā€™ll take a halftime lead any way it happens.

1 Like

Solid first half run by Brooks imo. Nice to see him perform when needed.

2 Likes

Poole looks completely lost mentally or with his confidence. Missing layups, missing the front end of a 1 and 1. Heā€™s trying on defense, but the fact that Eli played so many minutes was telling. Maybe that late three helps turn things around for him.

4 Likes

I think he is looking a bit nervous. I wish he would have dunked the base line floater!

Letā€™s not forget some of UNCs early buckets were tough shots that got some bounces as well.

Seems like stop or slow down White best you can, force Maye into tough shots. Not worried about the rest.

UNC destroying Michiganā€™s 2p% record with all these mid-range makes

2 Likes

Turns out being 6" taller than X might be the only way to score on him

1 Like

6/10 from midrange

I continue to be impressed by Teskeā€¦I know Belienā€™s system works best with a Wagner/Pitsnoggle pick and pop big but having a true big man at the 5 and one that has such good lateral speed is fun to watch!

1 Like

Second half line Michigan -1.5.

If we get the player controlled charge calls and hit just 70% of FTs we should be able to control game. The 4 min graphs are telling the story. Thanks Dylan.

1 Like

Im happy where we are at. Little bit of nervous energy. They seemed to settle down a bit towards the end of the half. Poole looked the least confident of those that played.