Game 7: Michigan at Nebraska Open Thread

Still the only unbeaten in the B1G!

4 Likes

Good Christmas for M. Duncan goes off, caris early favorite for 6th man of the year (2 essentially unrecruited guys) and a B1G road win

3 Likes

Smith and Dickinson so important tonight and big part of the win, but they also combined for 9 turnovers to keep the Huskers closer than they should have been, and many of the turnovers were of the sloppy variety.

This team is fun to watch !!

2 Likes

Just a heads up yaā€™ll, game recap will be up in the morning. So donā€™t stay up late tonight waiting. Enjoy the holiday. Weā€™ll have post game video shortly though.

35 Likes

I think Brandon had an elusive trillion.

4 Likes

I think turnovers from Hunter might have to be expected. He passes out of the post a lot and he just played his first big ten game. Iā€™d love to see it get better and I think it will, overall Iā€™d say Iā€™ve been comfortable with him handling the ball all thing considered

4 Likes

Was wondering about the lineup. Part of what seemed like an effort to get Franz going, I guessed. Sure didnā€™t work.

Honestly I think heā€™s a very good ref. He was rated #1 in 2018, but was taken off the Final Four (maybe the UK fanbase/SEC made it political?). Would rather have anyone than Boroskiā€¦

Oh for sure. I am completely happy with Hunter Dickinson. Going to go down as one of the best Centers in M history if he sticks around long enough.

I think the weird lineup put smith in a pretty bad spot defensively a couple times. He withstood it good though.

1 Like

Said it out loud reflexively

1 Like

Smith was so good tonight.

5 Likes

Yeah Smith looked like the best thing I would have hoped going into the season

1 Like

I was extremely nervous losing X. I donā€™t expect Smith to be X but Iā€™m thrilled to see he looks like he can hold his own. Heā€™s quick and looks like heā€™s more than willing to be a facilitator, which I wasnā€™t sure was a given since he was the go to scorer with his last squad

And good news: he wonā€™t have to go up against Cassius twice

2 Likes

Yeah I mean his defense has been as advertised but as a facilitator Smith was fantastic today

3 Likes

Nope. Not a good ref. Was on the 2013 title game crew. End of discussion.

1 Like

A trillion of what? I missed the reference. He had some really frustrating moments, including getting rebounded over which just isnā€™t good enough

Huh? He always has Michigan ranked higher than any polls. Vs torvik or who?