Game 7: Michigan at Nebraska Open Thread

A trillion is when a players box score reads one minute played the rest of the stats are zeros.

1 Like

Unless I missed something, I also think the foul call on Eliā€™s block was very bad :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I think you spelled Wymer wrong.

2 Likes

Right, forgot that

I donā€™t think Ken is inherently biased against Michigan. Vegas line was Michigan by 7.5 so it seems that KP was more accurate than the oddsmakers.

1 Like

He wasnā€™t serious yā€™all.

1 Like

Nebraska only had 6 assists. Thatā€™s not many assists. Unfortunately I think thatā€™s more of a Nebraska thing than great defense from Michigan

2 Likes

Allen and McGowens jacking up (and hitting) prayers doesnā€™t lend itself to a lot of assists.

3 Likes

Well, sh-t. :man_facepalming:

Lol, ok. Well are there at least a ton of examples of posters saying that about KenPom? If not, if not then I guess itā€™s over my head. Maybe I missed those complaining about KP.

It was a joke lol. The line was 9 and Michigan won by 11 because of two free throws at the end. Obviously his efficiency based computer rankings arenā€™t going to have an inherent Michigan bias.

3 Likes

Ah, the Hunter Dickinson very unrealistic dream ā€œno games below 100 ORtgā€ season comes to an end in Lincoln. RIP!

As many (indirectly) predicted at haltime, Teddy Allen also finished sub-100 at 99.

2 Likes

Iā€™m dumb. My bad!

1 Like

KenPom is more accurate than the final score. I donā€™t care if the box score says UM by 11, if his model says Michigan wins by 9, then Michigan won by 9

8 Likes

Hey, heading into the season I thought it was a disaster waiting to happen to have Mike Smith as the starting PG. Iā€™ll take a roasting too. Why I continue to have opinions when theyā€™re so comically bad is a mystery even to myself.

5 Likes

This is an interesting team. We have different 5 players who can conceivably go off for 20 points, but no alpha shot creator/maker. Mike Smith looking like the best option in that regard (and, yes, Iā€™m giving Smith his due after being ā€œsomewhatā€ of a naysayer only the preseason).

3 Likes

2nd B1G game but agree with your overall point.

Good to see Franz more aggressive here if not that efficient. For me, Smith was the hero of this game.

Man, I canā€™t wait to hear you guys tear up the officials when we actually lose a game. :rofl:

Maybe itā€™s because Michigan hasnā€™t had a dominant post presence in forever but I see Dickinson open so many times and guys still donā€™t feed him. Not complaining about being 7-0 but for instance Dickinson hardly touched the ball in the post in the 1st half. He needs a lot more touches than heā€™s been getting considering his backup Johns hasnā€™t looked good recently.

1 Like