Game 3: Michigan at Villanova Recap

Great stuff! Love the breakdown and the analysis! I also LOVE the defense these kids are playing! Go Blue!!!

1 Like

I literally just read that thread on Twitter after Brian RTd it. Did not know it was you. Great job man

1 Like

Great job!

1 Like

realistically, I don’t see Johns getting where many people want him to be this season, but I can see him making a jump next year. Agree that Poole is the one whose game has the most room to grow this season, I think that he will figure it out sooner than later, and playing Livers more will help Poole getting there.

2 Likes

Cant remember if anyone posted this yet. It’s a really great article and my favorite part is that it touches on the perception that Beilein makes great draft picks, but not great NBA players

I don’t know if they will be better than last year’s team, but I think they can be. In fact, I think Wednesday’s UM team would have given last year’s tournament team a pretty good game.

I don’t know how anybody could be comfortable or uncomfortable picking players from certain schools. There’s only 60 draft picks. Other than the blue bloods, most schools are not getting kids picked year in and year out. Small sample size, plus there’s the variable of positions.

Some players might have a higher or lower baseline for knowledge of the game coming from certain schools, but for the most part, it’s just about the individual player IMO. The blue bloods have the most draft picks but that’s because they get the best players to begin with and nothing to really do with the tutelage at Duke or Kentucky. Now, I do think certain coaches are more adept at developing players while they’re there, and JB is obviously very good at that. But whether those players stick in the NBA isn’t down to JB. It’s down to the player. He might help get them there.

1 Like

I agree. JB should get a ton of credit for getting Caris and Timmy into the league, but their ability to stick and excel is thanks to their own efforts; similarly, JB did great to present Trey and Nik in the best light possible, but then Trey had some off-court/mental-aspect issues and Nik’s shooting slumped