Game 31: Michigan at Michigan State Open Thread

Roll call.

1 Like

I’m so nervous, I’m wondering if I’ll even be able to enjoy the game! I suppose I should get used to it- all the games have big stakes from here on out. GO BLUE

1 Like

Realistically I think the safe bet is to say MSU will win. We lost at home with a crazy crowd and with them down 2 starters. Hard to think Michigan will win this on the road on senior night without or with a not 100% Matthews.

I’ve been watching the UNC-Duke game for 90 minutes and I keep thinking its Michigan vs. State. Tight game with multiple ties and lead changes. Great plays and dumb turnovers. Drinking already.

I don’t know that the senior night thing really matters. We’ve lost on that night a few times (including 2012 and 2013). I think the biggest thing is just that it’s on the road.

One thing to note is that we were basically down a starter last time given how banged up Matthews was. It sounds like he may play and if he’s more effective than last time, that’d be a plus.

Officials: Terry Oglesby, Lamont Simpson and Keith Kimble.

On the other hand, 6 days of rest and prep … for a team coached by John Beilein. I like our chances.

6 Likes

This is only updated through last year, but it suggests MSU is the sixth-toughest place to play in college basketball; the Spartans win there 86% of the time. The home team wins 67% of all college basketball matchups.

http://rpiratings.com/homecourtrec.php

So I’m saying we have a chance.

But they’ve won 0% of the time there against Michigan in the last two years.

2 Likes

We beat them at State last year !!

1 Like

Of all the games to miss, of course I have to miss this one… :tired_face:

It’s been an absolute delight following along with you folks all season. Can’t wait to keep it rolling in the postseason and let’s get this F*ing BIG Title!!!

5 Likes

Was this your prediction on Podcast?

Michigan starters listed as Simpson, Poole, Livers, Brazdeikis and Teske.

I only got Oglesby :rofl: Brendan missed all three at least.

3 Likes

If this Duke game runs over, is the best way to watch on the WatchESPN app? Or will they put it on ESPNU or something?

holla! i hate the grammar checker @umhoops

Have they moved tip back?

8 minutes till tip off.

1 Like

On duke game they just said tip off in 8 minutes

2 Likes