Game 18: Michigan at Wisconsin Open Thread

Just move on and don’t make it two in a row.

1 Like

You can do it, but prepare to feel his absolute wrath!

1 Like

Not happy with the give ups at the end. Oh well, more fuel to the fire. Feel sorry for wisky in Ann Arbor

1 Like

So many games in this building follow this script.

-We have a slim lead for most of the first 30 minutes but repeatedly blow chances to expand the lead with boneheaded mistakes

-We then go through a brutal scoring drought from about the 10 minute mark to the 5 minute mark while their big dude takes over

-Then we desperately fight from behind in the last 5 minutes but some combination of killer mental mistakes, homer officiating and just crappy luck does us in.

6 Likes

I’m also of the mind that we kind of needed this loss. We played angry in November and then like we were defending something since. With that said. Greg Gard got the Bo Ryan golden whistle today, didn’t he? I thought Coach B was right to be boiling over after a game of questionable stuff - from the offensive foul on Iggy, which looked awful on a single viewing, to the foul on Teske doubling with 3 on the shot clock and so on… I’m not fully awake, but there was some bad stuff, no? That looked like Coach B boiled over and the boil was a slow one.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Michigan was out of sorts on offense the whole game. You have 17 turnovers (many unforced) and shoot 22-54 you’ll lose EVERY B1G road game. Not a good performance.

This game more than any other exposed Iggy for what he needs to work on going forward. Just stop the pro talk. Kid needs to expand his game.

1 Like

Yeah, Greg Gard is a nobody. The only reason he’s a major D1 coach is because Bo Ryan strong-armed the Wisconsin athletic department.

I’m trying to become a “glass half full” guy, so I’ll just point out that we responded pretty nicely after each of our last two defeats.

3 Likes

And yet, the golden Trohl Center whistle is something that can be bequeathed

Charles at his best is an absolutely draftable player, but oof is he at a level much lower than that far too often.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t you know it, Wiscy plays their best game of the year, after looking like crap recently. Then the F ing officials screw us at the end of the game. Not saying we would have won but you can NOT call Iggy’s foul intentional. You can NOT. Terrible.

1 Like

Of course there’s going to be at least one more loss. Nobody is expecting this team to go 30-1 are they? More like 3 or 4 more at least.

3 Likes

Who called the intentional? Please tell me it was Carstensen.

I kind of expected their best game, as I kind of expect it from most schools we’ll visit. Agree completely with you on the call.

2 Likes

He’s been building into a complete mess for a while now. He’s regressed badly and probably the most important thing to our ceiling is fixing him.

I don’t believe it was. That wasn’t the ref JB seemed to want to “talk” to. But oftentimes in situations like that the offending official runs away and let’s his partners handle it.

He’s the big dude who looks like Bull from Night Court.

1 Like

I’m glad we play Minni on Tues and don’t have to dwell on this game for a week.

3 Likes

I agree, Maize, we WILL get everyone’s best effort, and I DO think Wisconsin played very well, on both ends of the floor. I also agree with the comments about unforced TO’s. We certainly had some. No question, this will be a learning opportunity, and, no, we weren’t going undefeated. Just important to bounce right back. I certainly think we will. We’ll see. By the way, WHY do we have to have Dan Dakich on the mic for our games? Lord, Lord, that’ guy is hard to take sometimes!

3 Likes