Game 18: Michigan at Wisconsin Open Thread

3 Likes

Michigan was out of sorts on offense the whole game. You have 17 turnovers (many unforced) and shoot 22-54 youā€™ll lose EVERY B1G road game. Not a good performance.

This game more than any other exposed Iggy for what he needs to work on going forward. Just stop the pro talk. Kid needs to expand his game.

1 Like

Yeah, Greg Gard is a nobody. The only reason heā€™s a major D1 coach is because Bo Ryan strong-armed the Wisconsin athletic department.

Iā€™m trying to become a ā€œglass half fullā€ guy, so Iā€™ll just point out that we responded pretty nicely after each of our last two defeats.

3 Likes

And yet, the golden Trohl Center whistle is something that can be bequeathed

Charles at his best is an absolutely draftable player, but oof is he at a level much lower than that far too often.

3 Likes

Wouldnā€™t you know it, Wiscy plays their best game of the year, after looking like crap recently. Then the F ing officials screw us at the end of the game. Not saying we would have won but you can NOT call Iggyā€™s foul intentional. You can NOT. Terrible.

1 Like

Of course thereā€™s going to be at least one more loss. Nobody is expecting this team to go 30-1 are they? More like 3 or 4 more at least.

3 Likes

Who called the intentional? Please tell me it was Carstensen.

I kind of expected their best game, as I kind of expect it from most schools weā€™ll visit. Agree completely with you on the call.

2 Likes

Heā€™s been building into a complete mess for a while now. Heā€™s regressed badly and probably the most important thing to our ceiling is fixing him.

I donā€™t believe it was. That wasnā€™t the ref JB seemed to want to ā€œtalkā€ to. But oftentimes in situations like that the offending official runs away and letā€™s his partners handle it.

Heā€™s the big dude who looks like Bull from Night Court.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad we play Minni on Tues and donā€™t have to dwell on this game for a week.

3 Likes

I agree, Maize, we WILL get everyoneā€™s best effort, and I DO think Wisconsin played very well, on both ends of the floor. I also agree with the comments about unforced TOā€™s. We certainly had some. No question, this will be a learning opportunity, and, no, we werenā€™t going undefeated. Just important to bounce right back. I certainly think we will. Weā€™ll see. By the way, WHY do we have to have Dan Dakich on the mic for our games? Lord, Lord, thatā€™ guy is hard to take sometimes!

3 Likes

As a side note, need to get the confidence back for Brooks. Itā€™s in there and theyā€™re going to need him. Heā€™s passing up way too many open shots recently.

8 Likes

He didnā€™t even realize X had a double double. Said nothing.

2 Likes

Agreed, need to get back to that Tu-Sat cadence. The team will find its rhythm. As JB says, ā€œyou learn more from losing than you do from winningā€. Take the L, go home get better!

Personally Iā€™d prefer they learn from a close victory! But I wonā€™t argue with JB.

Hereā€™s another thing, and it really didnā€™t have anything to do with the final outcome, I donā€™t think, but WHY would they allow a hockey game to be played the night before an 11:00 AM basketball tip? It seemed we were slipping around quite a bit at the beginning of the game. Iā€™m serious, the floor tends to be slipperier after a hockey game the night before. X slipped at least twice early. Also, Iā€™m guessing, unless we arrived early on Friday, we werenā€™t able to practice on the floor yesterday at Kohl Hockey Arena.

3 Likes