Friday's game in Italy

The 5 star is beginning to shine!

I haven’t really followed the trip too much so may be wrong, but I noticed that all of Caris’ rebounds in the first 3 games were on the defensive end. Like last year it appears he will end up being one of the first back on defense, allowing for little offensive rebounding. It’s exciting that Zak rebounded well during the Italian tour, but he should outrebound a 6 inch shorter Walton and has more rebounding opportunities than Catis for the aforementioned reason. Still encouraging though.

Nik didn’t though, which is why it is significant and worth mentioning.

With the way Irvin rebounded last year (non-existent on the glass), I’ll take it how I can get it. I don’t expect him to average 6-7 Rebs per game, but if he can be in the 5 range it would help us a lot in my opinion.

Irvin/Kam could be a better rebounding duo than Nik/GR3

Walton/Caris/Irvin> Walton/Caris/Nik defensively

UM has more depth,too, and more guys who can get out in transition. Doyle/Donnal is biggest question mark and can Walton/Kam/Zak replace Nik and GR3s scoring.

UM has more depth,too, and more guys who can get out in transition. Doyle/Donnal is biggest question mark and can Walton/Kam/Zak replace Nik and GR3s scoring.

Irvin has the tools athletically, but I’d like to see him put it together defensively before we anoint him. I fully believe he will commit to D this year and be the long defender we have always hoped he would be.

Also: I agree, it’s been very pleasing to see Irvin make an impact on the glass this trip. Lets hope it translates to the B1G.

For me I think a sophomore Walton and Irvin along with a junior Caris and freshman Kam can replace 31pts, 8-9 Rebs and 6 assists per game. You figure the returning 3 will up their ppg roughly 5-6 per game and Kam somewhere in the 8-10 ppg range. That’s roughly even in terms of ppg. Kam may be able to average 3-4 assist per game himself and Walton should go from 3 to 4-5 asst per game and the same with Caris. Big question is rebounding - I assume Walton may increase his Rebs by roughly 1 per game with Caris staying in the same range. Hopefully Kam is somewhere in the 5 range and Irvin the same.

Biggest question by far is how much of a decline will we see with the interior D? If Doyle and Donnal can hold their own on the defensive glass and average 12-14 ppg between them we should be able to overachieve relative to expectations

Johndre Johnson’s scouting report of Michigan:
RT @bigDREams_32 Just got some good bump with the Michigan squad…they gon be aight this year

@umhoops any highlights from this last game?

Stay tuned :slight_smile:

Fresh Italy footage is live

Pretty good breakdown. Right now the Donnal/Doyle spot is going to be huge in determining how the season goes.