UM vs Perugia (Game 1) - Full Game

Dylan already posted highlights, the full game below. The comp (and video quality) is horrible and frankly, after about 20 minutes or so you may decide to stop watching. Game starts around 2:30 mark

Should have some more film from the trip today.

Only got through the first half, but just some very general observations:

Doyle/Donnal - in accord with the reports and highlights, Doyle just seems to be a more aggressive player on both ends of the court at this point. He just seems much more decisive in relation to Donnal and seems to play with purpose. Donnal looks somewhat confused out there, or perhaps he lacks confidence…either way it seems Doyle is ahead of Donnal

Zak - still “just a shooter” in my opinion, he can attack closeouts (as noted by G) and always tends to go left when doing so. Does not look as if the handle has improved, but he is capable of straight line drives off a shot fake. No way in heck is creating off PnR from what I can gather. Shot does look effortless though

Kam - doesn’t look like he’s making a huge impact because he doesn’t score points in bunches or make athletic type of plays…then all of sudden you look at the boxscore and he has a stat line of 12pts, 4rebs, 4assists…just a very well rounded player that can play at nearly any spot on the court and be efficient. Also looks to be improved laterally, was able to stay with offenisve player on perimeter (caveats apply for comp)

Walton/Spike - neither seem particularly involved in this game

MAAR - dog mentality on offense, definitely looks to have good lateral movement on D

Dawkins - looks to be a catch and shoot player with good verticality at this point. I initially thought he might be a good perimeter defender as soon as this year with the practice reports of late…my suggestion would be to significantly lower expectations in that regard, as Dawkins was blown by on D several times in the first half and doesn’t appear to have good lateral movement by any stretch. He will certainly face quicker/stronger/bigger players in the big ten, and I wouldn’t aniticipate him making that much of an improvement in so little time. Does have a really nice looking jumper, even when he misses, it looks good and has a chance to go in

Levert - nothing new, he’s a damn good player

Only got through the first half, but just some very general observations:

Doyle/Donnal - in accord with the reports and highlights, Doyle just seems to be a more aggressive player on both ends of the court at this point. He just seems much more decisive in relation to Donnal and seems to play with purpose. Donnal looks somewhat confused out there, or perhaps he lacks confidence…either way it seems Doyle is ahead of Donnal

Zak - still “just a shooter” in my opinion, he can attack closeouts (as noted by G) and always tends to go left when doing so. Does not look as if the handle has improved, but he is capable of straight line drives off a shot fake. No way in heck is creating off PnR from what I can gather. Shot does look effortless though

Kam - doesn’t look like he’s making a huge impact because he doesn’t score points in bunches or make athletic type of plays…then all of sudden you look at the boxscore and he has a stat line of 12pts, 4rebs, 4assists…just a very well rounded player that can play at nearly any spot on the court and be efficient. Also looks to be improved laterally, was able to stay with offenisve player on perimeter (caveats apply for comp)

Walton/Spike - neither seem particularly involved in this game

MAAR - dog mentality on offense, definitely looks to have good lateral movement on D

Dawkins - looks to be a catch and shoot player with good verticality at this point. I initially thought he might be a good perimeter defender as soon as this year with the practice reports of late…my suggestion would be to significantly lower expectations in that regard, as Dawkins was blown by on D several times in the first half and doesn’t appear to have good lateral movement by any stretch. He will certainly face quicker/stronger/bigger players in the big ten, and I wouldn’t aniticipate him making that much of an improvement in so little time. Does have a really nice looking jumper, even when he misses, it looks good and has a chance to go in

Levert - nothing new, he’s a damn good player

Re: Zak, he did most of his damage with twos in game three. He knows that he needs to be able to drive the ball when pressed a the 3 point line, and he appears to have emphasized that in the last game. Hopefully, we get some video, as Dylan mentioned today.

Forgot to mention this about Zak - seems to be making a determined effort to hit the boards though, I definitely like that

Game three highlights on the front page