Former Michigan Players NOT in NBA

Shawnee State University in a small town in Ohio. How did she link up with Adrian is interesting.

https://music.apple.com/us/album/low-road-single/1763704851

Hereā€™s Adrienā€™s late entrant into the ā€œsong of the summerā€ discussion. :joy:
couldā€™ve been much worse, tbh.

2 Likes

Joey Baker could never!

WOW, played >600k so far on Spotify

X answered the call

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_eH5J5tM9u/?igsh=YndnOWF5OTlidDk4

2 Likes

Interesting choice

the best team in Romania that play in the Eurocup.

I donā€™t think that Romania league pays much but hopefully they get a boost from playing in the Eurocup.

Is this the most recent true legacy game by a Michigan hooper?

https://x.com/3devantej/status/1832043630208459230?s=46&t=9MMrM6gOVy1pXVWIuEkHnw

6 Likes

I honestly thought heā€™d be able to get a better gig than this.

Wired: remembering the DeVanteā€™ Jones legacy game against Ohio State
Tired: remembering we never got a Tray Jackson legacy game last year
Wired: but at least we got a Tray Jackson legacy dunk!

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry did you not watch the PSU game at the Palestra

thatā€™s the trae jackson legacy game

itā€™s him in a nutshell (doing 1 awesome thing in an overall terrible performance while his team ate sh*t)

2 Likes

Eurocup is pretty good right? 2nd tier?

Yeah comp level is pretty good, in that respect. I just thought heā€™d be able to get a gig at a more established team, at least in a more established league (where, like, you know what day your check is coming and how much it will be for).

Heā€™s been a VERY good G League player - thought that could get him to Spain, France, Italy

2 Likes

I would think EuroCup is in the 2nd tier in terms of $$, established, whatever. They are going to pay more than some mid-table team in another country that doesnā€™t compete in Europe I would think.

Obviously youā€™d want to be in a EuroLeague spot or whatever, but there are only like 18 teams in the EuroLeague right? Seems like the next best option.

I donā€™t know, Markus Howard makes about $1.2 million Euros a year for Baskonia, which is firmly the third best Spanish club generally (though not last year)

Iā€™d be shocked if X is close to that.

Honestly, thought heā€™d be at the level where a Barca or Olympiacos level team would look at him. Is he worse than Thomas Walkup?

Yeah, man, that dunk was THE highlight of the season. I just wanted one whole game of that stuff, mostly just because it would so unbelievably funny for Tray to have had one game at Michigan where he just destroyed some poor Big Ten opponent out of nowhere. Thereā€™s nothing like the rage you feel as a fan when youā€™re getting dismantled by a guy you know isnā€™t very good, and in the midst of such a drag of a year, I would have found some solace there.

Anyway, that didnā€™t happen, and last year wasnā€™t very fun. News to everyone here, Iā€™m sure.

2 Likes

Baksonia is a EuroLeague team right? So, yeah a tier above. EuroLeague teams are the best gigs to get.

Thomas Walkup is Greek, so no comparison there. Completely different ball game when someone has a local passport.

Yes, heā€™s recently naturalized, but signed his initial deal (which looks like 850k euros per year) 2 years before he ā€œwas Greekā€, so I think itā€™s a valid comparison.

Baskonia will not be Euroleague this year, but has been for most of the past decade.

Baskonia looks like they are in EuroLeague this year, hence the big paycheck for Markus Howard, who led the EuroLeague in scoring last year.

My point is just that the level of Euro competition is more insightful about the clubā€™s financial backing than the country.

Playing for one of the bigger clubs in Romania (four straight titles) that plays in EuroCup as the top American on contract is probably a decent setup.

I would be surprised if there are many EuroLeague teams that sign guys without some sort of Euro experience.

truly nothing more Zenogias than ā€œeveryone else is talking about a beloved former player and the intricacies of European basketball leagues, but Zenogiasā€™s posts about Tray Jackson keep popping upā€

4 Likes

I would say getting into a EuroCup team is where I would think X would land initially. Rare to just go straight from the US to a Euroleague team, from my understanding. Walkupā€™s first contract was for a German tier 1 team. It was then that he moved up to Zalgris. So if X shows well here he will get a chance at a Euroleague team, the competition for American spots is super tough though.

I donā€™t know the exact rules but there were 82 Americans for 18 teams, which is 4.5 per team

Zā€™s team made it to the quarters of the EuroCup last year, so that makes them like a top 30ish team in Europe? Maybe top 25

2 Likes