Former Michigan Players NOT in NBA

He’ll always have a special place in my heart for that. RIP

2 Likes

RIP just terrible how many past players but still quite young passing away. Eg Caleb Swanigan, Montross obviously a bit older. Really tragic. :pray:

RIP. He truly did lay the foundation for the Beilein era. Gone Way too young.

3 Likes
23 Likes

RIP Darius Morris! :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

https://x.com/johnbeilein/status/1786836014905872389?s=46&t=OMxEAgg62bsLI0mWenDZ7w

18 Likes

that half court pass from DMo to JMo is all time Michigan classic.

16 Likes

was about to say. one of the coolest passes of all time.

11 Likes

He and J-Mo had such great chemistry in ball screens.

4 Likes

Didn’t have quite the tournament success of Burke, Walton, or Simpson, but was probably the best pure passer of the four (helped that he was 6" taller than any of those guys). Also did not get to play with nearly as much talent as the other three.

Always thought it would have been interesting to see he and Burke play together in 2012. Bet that team wouldn’t have lost in the 1st round.

2 Likes

GTFO MY COURT. sigh.

6 Likes

Junior Darius Morris would have dominated the Big Ten. He was so much bigger than opposing PGs and was able to play booty ball. His height allowed him to make passes that other Michigan PGs weren’t able to make too. Really fun player. Averaged 15, 7 and 4 as a sophomore. Always feels like he gets overlooked when talking about great Beilein PGs.

16 Likes

Junior year DMo would’ve been one of the top 5 or 10 players in the country. His soph year was ludicrous to begin with. We love X and you’d have to put up that 2011 stat line against anything X ever put up. And X’s teams featured a few more future draft picks.

What a fun player.

6 Likes

He was the kind of player that would have benefited from NIL. He would have had a great junior year and made a little cash before his pro career.

6 Likes

Very sad. One of the greatest Michigan players ever. I am laughing and almost crying thinking about the day that my elementary school son brought home his ceramics project from Saint Francis. First or second grade, I think. He made an ash tray for me. He engraved the letters “GTFOMC” on the side of the ashtray. I told him he could get in trouble if his teacher knew what it meant. I am assuming his teacher was a Michigan basketball fan because she never mentioned anything.

It was a defining moment he had against MSU for sure. I am thinking it is going to pretty emotional reviewing all of his other great moments. He had a lot of them…

RIP

17 Likes

Complete threading of the needle.

Sad news to die so young. RIP.

https://x.com/lavall_jordan/status/1786865563613954098?s=46&t=OMxEAgg62bsLI0mWenDZ7w

9 Likes

He did lead a team in the most dominant 8 over 9 game played to that point in history and then had a chance to take the Duke game to OT. Obviously not as much tourney success as other point guards, but that effort in the 2011 tournament felt like a sign Michigan Beilein teams could make a run. Definitely the season that got me fully hooked on Michigan basketball.

9 Likes

https://x.com/jjoneofone/status/1786060077612359881?s=46&t=OMxEAgg62bsLI0mWenDZ7w

3 Likes

David Merritt is building a community center:

12 Likes