Former Michigan Players NOT in NBA

GLeague players only make 40-50k a season. And yeah if he’s looking for shots then it’s not worth it

1 Like

Surprised he isn’t interested in giving it a run overseas.

4 Likes

I’m not after hearing his Belgian story. That dude is never going to be a world traveler. Which jives with what we used to hear about him, like how he used to love to be at home in the summer fishing and listening to baseball on the radio etc…

3 Likes

Kinda like that other guy bowling, riding his unicycle and enjoying edibles.

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckej6pbsAOh/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
The Hook Shot King signs an Exhibit 10 with Orlando and will play for Lakeland. The Magic organization loves Michigan players

9 Likes

Call him Captain Hook

7 Likes

Yeah, much better nickname than the Hook Shot King that GLeague TV dubbed him.

1 Like
39 Likes

Damn! I live in downtown Boston. Might get to see GRIII walking around one of these days.

I saw Payton Pritchard at chipotle last month. Wanted to tell him I still haven’t forgiven him for going off against us a few years back. Then I realized that would be weird.

8 Likes
10 Likes

Heard him doing some commentary recently, and I thought he sounded sharp.

2 Likes

Eh. He’ll be back in uniform by February. :grinning:

2 Likes
16 Likes

I’ve been to a Mad Ants game

4 Likes
11 Likes

I’m planning to watch Eli and the Mad Ants Monday night in Detroit. Hoping he plays and plays well.

5 Likes

It was fun to watch Eli on the floor as a pro. He didn’t play a ton (backs up John Stockton’s 31 year old kid, David, who is not good and got pulled in favour of Eli down the stretch) but I’d expect him to get more time as the season moves along. The game was moving a little fast for Eli at times, but he seems to fit well enough athletically that he’ll figure some things out.

I think I mentioned this last year, but it’s worth mentioning again. Cruise home games are GREAT value. Free parking at the new Wayne State fieldhouse, which is a very nice venue, and 5 bucks to essentially sit at floor level behind the baseline.

4 Likes

I haven’t tried G league games, but small school college basketball is a great deal for the same reason.

2 Likes

Womens college hoops too.

I went to see Michigan at Northwestern for $35 for the four of us and sat 3 rows behind KBA.

4 Likes

For that matter, high school basketball can be enormous fun. The atmosphere at games at my high school–with packed houses singing and chanting from end-to-end of games–is still unmatched in my experience.

4 Likes