College Basketball Open Discussion

The officiating this year is worse than I remember seeing in decades of watching this sport.

1 Like

Not to be cynical but with a gambling at an all time high… I know it’s not an easy job but some things I’ve seen don’t make any sense over the last couple years.

Memphis loses at home to basketball powerhouse South Florida. Also, Iowa State won a game(!).

1 Like

Memphis is terrible

Gonzaga is crushing St Mary’s on the road at halftime.

1 Like

Just watched the end of regulation of the UNC/Duke game. Makes no sense why you’d foul up 3 with 5 seconds left when you’ve watched your team choke the game away at the free throw line. They also refused to play defense and were willing to give up free layups to avoid the potential of giving up and-1s. To top it all off, they even lost in part because of one of those terrible out of bounds reviews where the defender clearly knocked it out (and committed a foul), but it might’ve grazed a single cell on the offensive guy’s hand.

Can’t imagine a much more brutal way to lose a rivalry game.

1 Like

I get fouling still but who fouls that quick? Platek was brutal . He fouls him before he gets to half court! Leaves 4 seconds! They had him surrounded to, make him work his way up around defenders, waste two more seconds minimum , then foul! It was absurd and gross incompetence.

Also I’m glad we have z and not cole. He kept trying to break the press by himself, like he was playing some jv team lol. Just kept turning it over to them. I predicted the last turnover in regulation. I was thinking cole will not pass it. Just trap him and he will turn it over.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess fouling that quickly was the bigger problem.

Tough to blame Cole for not wanting to pass because he was witnessing his teammates choke on apple sauce.

I agree but he was doing that from under 5 on. He was a main factor of why they were crawling back into it late. I saw him with two to go up 8 , dribble full length of the Court with constant pressure from one corner baseline to the opposite corner baseline ( diagonally) and take a runner with 24 to go on the clock. I was in absolute shock.

Duke grabs the board and scored immediately. Roy melted down and rightfully so.

“[He] will miss the remainder of the 2019-20 season after suffering a left wrist fracture…”

I half-expected that he was shutting it down to prep for the draft based on the headline.

1 Like

This VA vs ND game is hideous

Naismith is rolling over in his grave. These two disasters scored a total of 5 points in OT after scoring 47 each in regulation.

1 Like

Creighton with a big win on the road at #10 Seton Hall

14 Likes

Myles Powell with a fugly 1-11 performance from beyond the arc.

Louisville didn’t want any of that 11-13 Georgia Tech smoke.

4 Likes

It looks like I"m going to have to be out in Vegas next week for the big fight so I planned on putting a nice bet on Michigan to win it all since I was sure they’d have crazy odds due to the slump. Nope. Vegas, as usual, is way ahead of the curve and Michigan currently has the 8th best odds to win the National Championship at +2000.

4 Likes

Yea even before the year Michigan didn’t have great odds so I never got in. I did put one on Ohio st 35-1 though… I know I am ashamed of myself.

I got them at +4500 after they lost at home to OSU. I assume they shot back up after the MSU game. Only put down $50 though.

1 Like

The atmosphere in this top 20 matchup between Colorado and Oregon is… Embarrassingly bad.

1 Like

Iowa State just beat Texas by 29 in Ames. Longhorns are now 14-11 with a predicted 17-14 regular season record. End of the line for Shaka Smart?