College Basketball Open Discussion

Didn’t they have another top 100 kid in that class outside Garland and Shittu? They have a top 100 kid committed for 2019 right now, but obviously things change when the coach leaves.

They also have Scottie Pippen’s kid for what that’s worth.

:face_with_monocle:

27%20PM

18%20PM

I hope something comes out of this but I’m ready to be disappointed. I think at one point, Coach K wasn’t as dirty as many in college BB. But the dude is a total rat and I don’t know how his good guy image in the media is holding up anymore.

1 Like

Not only that but I would argue based on their results this year he is not a good coach anymore.

I mentioned in another thread is he just didn’t seem to enjoy himself this year, like a man that knows he sold himself out. He knows where the bodies are buried.

Anyone who thinks Coach Cash gets 3 top-five players because he’s a swell chap is fooling themselves, not me.

2 Likes

I’ve always found it ironic that someone like Dick Vitale loses his shit praising every little thing that Duke and K does when given his position there is no way he isn’t fully aware of all the sleezy stuff going on in Durham. “They’re awesome, baby!”

1 Like

It’s simple. Vitale is a hypocrite.

5 Likes

Don’t watch enough to have a feel for who’s going to win Auburn or Virginia but I think it’s goung to boil down to what kind of game #1 on Auburn has. If Virginia can contain him I think they win. If he’s getting to the rim like he did against Kentucky, I like Auburn

Eric Musselman headed to Fayetteville. Kelvin Sampson staying at Houston then?

He knows about the sleezy stuff going on everywhere. As you say, no way a guy who’s been around the game as long as he has, and follows recruiting that closely doesn’t know. But he just keeps doing his schtick and never says a word about it, which is something he should be ashamed of.

I think Muss is very overrated. Don’t see him doing better than Anderson

Sampson staying at Houston was announced a few days ago with his son set up as coach in waiting

I tend to agree he’s a tad overrated. Is he going to continue his Transfer U model? Has to be difficult to recruit basketball down there.

Ahh, did not see that. Does his son have any experience outside of being Dad’s assistant?

Don’t know anything about Sampson’s son.

Agree 100%. One game sample and all but they had so much more talent than Florida did but Mike White coached circles around him. The same Mike White he will compete against in the SEC.

Way too early Sporting News Top 25 has Michigan 4th and MSU 2nd. Virginia 1st.

Also lists Michigan’s “key decisions” as none, with Jordan Poole returning and Iggy leaving.

Sounds like UCLA is landing on Rick Barnes to be their next coach. I guess we can expect them to continue bowing out of the NCAA Tournament early (when they make it).

1 Like

If I’m Barnes I stay at UT. They can pay him, players will want to play there. He’s got a real chance of a Texas like tenure.

1 Like

I tend to agree especially with how terrible the Pac-12 is, both from a competitive and operational standpoint. Larry Scott seems to have no idea what he’s doing out there.

Scott gets a lot of the blame and has done some dumb things. However, he honestly had some very good ideas. The apathetic fans bases out in the pac 12 are what has it dragging behind the other 4 conferences.