College Basketball Open Discussion

Well, if they are it’s worse because they’re still scheduled to play 2-16 Iowa State tonight, right?

1 Like

Yes, I believe so. That definitely would make it worse

1 Like

“Health concerns about having too many games feeding right into the Big 12 conference tournament.”

that’s gonna draw some jeers I imagine

Perhaps they should have canceled the Iowa State game tonight to take a couple more days off before they played WVU. Hopefully the WVU fans on Twitter are doing their part to express what a travesty this is

1 Like

I wonder how the layoff impacts them. If they are indeed sitting on their accomplishments here, are they going to be able to shake off the rust and be in playing shape? Wonder how all that factors in.

1 Like

UCF beat Auburn by 8. I’m not sure it’s quite the mark of quality you think it is…

2 Likes

oh man WVU fans are mad mad angry mad right now

4 Likes

actually B10 is 2nd best of KP era. 2004 ACC tops all at +20.32 end of season rating. It’ll basically come down to NCAA tournament performance for the Big Ten to see if they can finish #1. Put a bunch of teams deep in the tourney and they will probably pass the ACC.

1 Like

some WVU beat reporter is tweeting that WVU is trying to host Baylor next week even though Thursday was @Baylor. Not sure if he is actually reporting or wishcasting though.

1 Like

Well, if that happens I guess I stand corrected on my last comment’s opening point.

I mean every advanced rankings has Baylor > Michigan so to argue Michigan > Baylor is moot based on both eye and stats tests.

Another example would be Michigan beating Oakland in an OT but should it discredit Michigan from getting ranked in the top 5 or having an argument that they’re a better team than Baylor or Gonzaga?

How many conference games is Baylor going to end up playing? Right now nothing is scheduled in March?

Agreed on the advanced rankings, but with Michigan and Baylor both having only 17 games under their belts, the models are somewhat… undernourished compared to their normal late February state. Baylor’s only non-conference test was a neutral court beat down of Illinois back in early December. Michigan’s non-conference schedule is headlined by Toledo. The meat of the rankings depends on the assessments of the quality of the B1G and Big 12 being accurate, but even then - Baylor’s only played 9 conference games, and Michigan’s only played 12. A lot of uncertainty remains.

4 Likes

appreciation for ``undernourished’’ – like the word choice

4 Likes

So who is everyone rooting for tonight in MSU vs Illinois? MSU losing is always awesome, but Illinois losing further cements us into first place. I can’t decide what I prefer…

1 Like

Sit back, open a beverage of your choice, and enjoy that either outcome will make you smile. I can’t ever ROOT for MSU…but I won’t root against them.

7 Likes

If I have the pleasure of determining the outcome I’d have MSU win to basically lock up a conference title for us.

I’ve never really had an issue cheering for rivals if a single win for them directly helps Michigan achieve bigger goals.

This situation is a bit more interesting considering Michigan is still clearly in the driver’s seat and doesn’t need any help. Also, a win could potentially jump start MSU’s last gasp run at an at-large bid.

I’m still going to prioritize assuring Michigan’s conference title over rooting for a rival’s misery.

6 Likes

My wish is for a 2OT, last-second-shot victory that with either crush Illinois’s B1G championship chances or MSU’s tournament streak. Now that’s some good watchin’!

6 Likes

Yes, and if we can just add one more wish. . . I’d pray that they both play like cr*p.

2 Likes

Illinois immediately claims Big 12 title.

2 Likes