College Basketball Open Discussion

In redundant news, man does the PAC-12 suck.

2 Likes

Now Duke over UVA too

Surprised that UVA didn’t call a timeout to set something up. Their offense was really disjointed down the stretch.

1 Like

Duke looks improved, UVA was pretty underwhelming. There was a hideous stretch in that second half and UVA late was appalling.

Yeah, I could easily see Duke playing its way back in with three winnable games upcoming (home vs. Syracuse and Louisville and at GT), plus the rematch with UNC. Wouldn’t shock me at all for them to be 14-8 and entering the ACC Tournament on a seven-game winning streak.

They (Duke) look like a not great but tournament quality team. Kehei Clark down the stretch was just, wow, that was bad, man.

UVA also looked like a tournament quality non sweet 16 type team.

2 Likes

Yeah, Clark was really sloppy and the reason why I thought Tony Bennett would want to draw something up to get Hauser or Huff a look.

Pains me to say it but Duke is looking like a good-ish team. UVA looks like easy pickings in the second round.

2 Likes

Were you typing when I was? Because jinx to all that

2 Likes

Haha, that is hilarious.

2 Likes

I’d be pretty surprised. Torvik hasn’t updated yet but prior to this game the odds of Duke winning out were ~ 7%. Torvik actually gave UNC and GT better odds of beating Duke than UVA. This was a really good win for Duke, but lets not forget that UVA is probably overrated since the ACC sucks, and we’re only 2 weeks removed from Duke losing 3 straight including to ND and Miami.

Also all 4 teams Duke plays to end the season will be playing for their postseason lives, so I doubt they’re going to be easy outs by any means.

Duke is not bad. It was a rough day for bubble teams as well. VCU, seton hall, Indiana, Minnesota, Stanford, Ole Miss, all taking bad losses. Plus UConn’s loss as well.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m overreacting to a win over a UVA team that’s hard to figure out. OTOH, Duke would’ve folded and lost that game earlier in the season. I’m not saying I expect them to win out but they definitely look more cohesive and Duke-ish than they have at any point this season.

1 Like

I wonder whether Bennett will go with the timeout next time they’re in that situation. It’s nice to trust your kids, but nothing really happened on that final push.

Egregiously poor announcing on Bilas’ claim of an “egregious” missed late travel call. I was disappointed because I think he’s one of the only colour guys who reads the rulebook. Now 95% of the people who watched the game think the guy travelled because Jay said so. Argh.

1 Like

For sure. This is the best they’ve looked all year, and they definitely kept the dream of an at-large bid alive tonight.

Anyway, who’s up for some late night Pac-12 hoops? I’m even going to suffer through Bill Walton.

Wasn’t St John’s on the bubble, too?

Also lost.

Yeah they were climbing. Didn’t see that one though. Home against Depaul yikes.

2 Likes

is Josh Christopher still hurt?

Yeah he’s been out for the last 3, Bagley for the last 4

Walton is calling the game solo right now because he can’t hear Pasch, as Pasch periodically attempts to interrupt. It’s incredible lol