College Basketball Open Discussion

Michigan just won their last three Big 10 games by a combined 55 points. Exactly what we were all expecting.

(Whoops, wrong thread)

3 Likes

Kenpom apparently now running on god mode, somehow already updated. Michigan up to 6th overall. 6th on offense, 19th on defense.

Hunter Dickinson up to 5th(!!!) in national player of the year.

14 Likes

I mean if you didn’t see Hunter as 1st Team All-American before the season you’re just a hater.

4 Likes

Miami was up 4 on UNC with under 2 minutes to play, and a ball clearly went off a UNC player but possession was awarded to the Heels. They hit a 3 on that possession and Miami couldn’t score. My hatred for UNC is at least on a par with Duke, so I’m peeved.

2 Likes

Regarding Marquette: Is Wojo just not a good coach? They have the talent to be a very good team and every time I watch them I feel like it’s not being properly utilized. I also think if D.J. Carton were playing his second year under Beilein, sophomore Carton might be as good as freshman Trey Burke. Instead, he merely shows flashes of brilliance.

1 Like

I remember the offense at Nevada being similar under Muss. Very much a “you turn my turn” offensive style. It works okay in the regular season but I wasn’t surprised by some of the tournament inconsistency.

It was just sort of odd. I was only passively watching the game to see a bit of Moody and Springer and after several possessions I just noticed they didn’t seem to actually be running much stuff. I kept watching and it seemed like most possessions were pretty simple with a lot of standing around.

Good. I’d rather have a good bball program. Be nice to have both again, but I’m good as is.

5 Likes

Michigan finds itself at #4 in the Bilas power-rankings.

1 Like

C’mon over big guy. Bring your talents to Michigan where you can make new history with an updated fab 5+ recruiting class, under the tutelage of the original fab 5er Juwan Howard. He knows how to develop big men to the NBA. You saw the game against Minnesota last night. Put your self in Franz Wagner shoes, and play along Musa, Houstan, Dickerson, Collins and Buffin. Academics are outstanding, and Sandman cannot wait to help with your strength. It is a win-win for everybody. Start a new culture and trend, where even after you retire from NBA, you will always be known as a part of the Michigan fab5+ 2021 class.

Pretty much

1 Like

That’s the only way to interpret it imo. They have too much talent to be losing like that.

Will be interesting what this means for the Big Ten Tournament… Tier 1 personnel need 7 consecutive negative tests before arriving in Indy.

the fake crowd noise in Oregon-Colorado is the freakiest sound I have ever heard. not only is it deafening, it’s completely invariant. the same noise without a shift. no human crowd has ever sounded like this.

Marv Albert and Chris Webber are calling Nets-Sixers right now. Marv talking about Caris, saying he arrived at Michigan at 150 lbs, was a 4 year player, and is now at 206. CWebb goes “you mean cough cough the 10-0 Michigan, Juwan Howard doing a great job” !!!

22 Likes

Yikes, Washington is bad. Washington had a 2 on 1 and somehow the one Stanford guy got two blocks. The last one on Bajema.

My goodness. The fact Stanford is only up 18 is almost an indictment on the PAC-12.

Washington has to be the worst power conference team, no?

I smell them from here, so I’d lean toward “yes.”

1 Like

I’m guessing you’re not in Santa Cruz so that’s a pretty bad odor. :sweat_smile: