College Basketball Open Discussion

Link to tweet.

A really weird scenario. Dante is going to re-enroll at Oregon on December 14th hoping to ruled eligible by then. Our game against Oregon is scheduled for December 14th. Plus we may play them in the Bahamas. Before Dante’s commitment Oregon was a back end top 25 projected team so this makes the potential matchups much more winnable for Michigan.

This is very good for Michigan since it ups the odds of winning, but they’ll still get the benefit of beating a top “whatever” Oregon team even though they were worse at the time.

2 Likes

The moving pieces involved make me think there’s a non-zero chance that Dante never plays for Oregon, though. If he is eligible for Pac 12 play then it definitely helps.

1 Like

Yes they did. From my understanding, Dante did everything required and gave the NCAA enough time to get the paperwork cleared.

A post was split to a new topic: 2019-20 KenPom rankings are out

Anyone ever play Season Long Pool? Came across it on Twitter last night and am intrigued. Any thoughts on strategy?

http://seasonlongpool.com/

1 Like

I saw this on twitter too. Looks really cool.

Looks interesting. I definitely think you look to take clear conference favorites in mid/low-major wild cards (e.g. Vermont) for 3 of your wild cards (hopefully my math is for teams is counting right) to get a lot of value out of conference wins and conference tournament wins and you assume that a lot these feel like for-gone conclusions for both regular season and conference tournaments. In essence you play for the conference seasons. Also have to look at value picks for top 2 or 3 in a conference. I think Ohio State is a better value than UNC for example as I think that their floor might be higher because of depth and conference.

It is tough to buy 11 teams for 100 bucks given the values. Started playing around with it a bit today.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Patrick Beilein Leaving Niagara

Going to look into this.

1 Like

Played Washington 70-1 to win it all. Also 17-1 on Florida. Plus one other play I’ll refuse to mention so I can still show my face in these parts

1 Like

let’s go. easy dub now

1 Like

Creighton has a lot of other talented pieces but he’s a key loss for them because he’s the only real big that they have.

1 Like

Yeah that front court is depleted

Surprised Washington was a 14 and the favorite on theirs to win the pac12. Judging by other points I thought they’d be 12 or 13.

It’s clear getting the winner is essential.

I just spent entirely too much time on that year long office pool. Almost got what I’m looking for though. Pain in the ass though going through all these mid major squads though.

A post was split to a new topic: NCAA approves NIL opportunities