College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

Reminds me of that one MSU game (2010?) when we ran a beautiful play to get Sims open on a lob to on the last play of the game and he got clearly fouled, no call.

But Kansas doesn’t have those things, so I think Colin’s point stands. Their starting 5 is very good, nobody off the bench has shown they can play.

The WVU loss is bad, but the B12 is also ferocious - the loss sparking this conversation was a close loss to a top ten KenPom team on the road

Think the conversation is based pretty strongly on their lackluster play this month and the fact that they have the toughest B12 schedule remaining. They stole a game against TCU at home, bad losses to two of the worst Big 12 teams on the road, a loss at Iowa State, poor showing at home against Cinci.

It’s not a one game thing.

It’s like a football Saturday.

Uhhh so like is Memphis going to try and make the tourney or no??

It struck my today, that North Texas was significantly better than us.

Honestly if it wasn’t for college basketball I wouldn’t know that was a school.

I also wouldn’t mind stealing some of their players for next year.

It sounds like a made up university from a Nintendo College Basketball game that never existed , before they figured out licensing and you could choose between really fast skinny players or big fat players as big men who could knock you over and steal the ball/ dunk. Like Ice Hockey for college hoops.

Tech AT&T vs N. Texas.

2 Likes

Memphis and Colorado St really playing themselves outta the tournament

CSU was a 6 on bracket matrix a couple days ago. They gave themselves a lot more room than Memphis

Roy Orbison went to North Texas

4 Likes

Yes.

Characters

So how is everyone else choosing to celebrate the Jeff Goodman downfall on Twitter today ?

2 Likes

What happened?

he threatened to sue (?) or perhaps kill (???) the guy who produced the Ed Cooley doc

5 Likes

I was wondering why “Jeff Goodman orange” was trending

i didn’t understand, why was he even mad?

yeah for real i’m confused by the whole thing. need somebody to explain.

https://twitter.com/bluedemondegen/status/1752007173855641694?s=46&t=Gn89nBdrjmcdumi_2CEqew

I’m a bit confused myself, mainly just confused why Goodman was so mad. But Ed Cooley is his guy, and Jeff has his weird personal vendettas and allegiances, which he does a very poor job of hiding despite being a media member. Also, turns out Goodman DMs a lot of people he isn’t happy with!

I’m gonna need a take from @buckets12 on this one :grimacing::joy:

2 Likes

Goodman thing thoughts in bullet form:

1. very confused why he’s involved in this whatsoever other than he likes being in the mud with random people a lot

2. for sure a bad look for F68 (who has nothing to do with this at all)

3. seems like his intent was to defend Fanta (who was featured heavily in the documentary) or Cooley (whose alleged infidelity was a big portion of the documentary), both Fanta and Cooley are big time in Goodman’s corner. Fox/Big East were very unhappy with this Twitter account calling themselves “Big East Films” and releasing a doc that uses game footage. It seems very bad for Fanta that he was involved in something that he didn’t intend to end up pissing off his employers (Fox/Big East) and his guy (Cooley). Goodman still pretty clearly should have stayed entirely out of it, but couldn’t help himself for whatever reason

4. the messages themselves are hilarious

5. I owe Goodman (and F68) basically my entire career at this point, although I am less involved than in past years. He (and them) have been nothing but great to me, but I can certainly see that others don’t have the same experience

9 Likes

I’m most confused by the plans to put up a statue of Ed Cooley.