College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Agree. I like how they play and think it works well in March

2 Likes

I don’t love how they play but I do think it’s very effective

1 Like

I respect that they have an identity of a style of play which I think works in college basketball but I think they are too susceptible to a good shooting team with a strong rebounder in single game elimination tournament. Frankly, I think Purdue could give them problems.

1 Like

it’s a real science experiment watching Louisville @ Notre Dame this morn. Notre Dame is already up 17 in the 1H but they haven’t played well and they are clearly not a good team. Louisville just has an incomprehensible stench. It’s like watching Minnesota beat up on a D3 team

7 Likes

I have a very hard time understanding how Louisville got THIS bad

I know there was lots of attrition, but they have 5 top 100 kids from the last 2 classes.

6 Likes

I’m writing up a new set of lesson plans for my science class right now:
Problem: What is more likely to cause cringe-induced alcohol consumption, watching Louisville or Florida State MBB?
Hypothesis: Watching Louisville MBB will be more likely to cause cringe-inducing alcohol consumption.
Scientific Procedure: Place an open and full container of BigBoutros’s alcohol-laden beverage of choice on a table in front of BigBoutros. Have BigBoutros watch a Louisville MBB game on television and start a timer. At the moment when the subject consumes the last of the contents of the container stop the timer. Repeat the above procedure but with the subject watching a Florida State MBB game.

This is a scientific experiment that I may have to try some day.

5 Likes

Fantastic protocol. If we could wager on it, even better.

If you would like to start doing a multi-factor DOE…maybe include teams coaches by Mike White or Greg Gard.

2 Likes

Old friend Dave DeJulius taking on Houston on CBS. DDJ just hit an improbable fadeaway at the end of a poor offensive sequence, but it was ruled to be after the shot clock expired.

And now just drilled a three.

4 Likes

final ND 76 - 62 UL…was 62-34 with 15 mins to go when ND basically stopped playing.

they were 1-9 in the ACC and in the 160s on KP/BT entering today.

bonus: ND’s defense is #272 on BT, by far the worst in the P6. Next is Cal at #220.

Louisville did not crack 1 PPP even with all that garbage time.

1 Like

Petition to have the Cincinnati version of Landers Nolley transfer to Michigan.

2 Likes

I have actually never partaken but Mike White would pose the gravest threat to my teetotalism

Louisville is currently the lowest ranked high major on KenPom ever

11 Likes

We all had Bama giving 50 in one half, right?

2 Likes

to a pretty stank OU team too. good resume builder for my Every Big 12 Team Gets a Bid scenario

1 Like

Bama getting their tooth kicked in by Oklahoma

1 Like

I think TTU is the team to worry about in that scenario. WVU got a much needed resume win tho

1 Like

I know it was asked earlier this week but Payne can’t survive in this scenario can he?

The Holtmann escape plan

2 Likes

I don’t think so. He wasn’t an emergency hire or interim. They parted ways with Mack to get Payne and got Payne to get DJ Wagner. Whiffed on him, strike one, but they have six top-100s on the roster.

If they were just normal bad I wouldn’t entertain it but they are currently the worst P6 team of all time as @ReegsShannon said.

1 Like

Kinda wonder why we didn’t enquire about any if the St. bonaventure kids.

Lofton, Holmes, Welch . We didn’t need the big man but he was good too.

Would love one of the three above