Michigan to face Toledo on Tuesday night in NIT opener

Merreon Jackson was kind of bad. I mean he scored a lot but their team was stinky. Maybe it wasn’t his fault. I liked his game at Toledo

1 Like

he started all year. we would take him on next year’s roster

2 Likes

Oh, OK Villanova. Sorry, had no idea who these guys were. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Whitmore feels like one of those “injuries” where a lottery pick doesn’t risk “further” injury in the NIT prior to declaring.

Would certainly be notable if Kobe and/or Jett got “hurt” prior to our game.

1 Like

Well…phooey. Tomorrow, money goes to the home team - lets roll. :part_alternation_mark:

And then we kidnap RayJ.

3 Likes

…and starting at $13 according to ESPN.

1 Like

I hope Juwan spends a really long time in that handshake line

5 Likes

You’re correct. 1984 was the last year of the 32 team bracket. I was at Bill Frieder’s basketball camp the summer after we won the NIT and us campers sat in the north end of the court as Antoine Joubert addressed us. He flashed his NIT ring which was met with some muffled jeers from us knuckleheads. That 84 squad was really good though. 32 team field is brutal.

2 Likes

That’s a step in the right direction. After the season ticket holders had their chance, they should sell the remainder for next to nothing. Make it a Fan Appreciation Night. What we don’t want are 3,000 fans scattered throughout Crisler on a chilly Tuesday night. At least it’s not a 9pm tip.

2 Likes

I expect the curtain down and a few thousand people. It’ll be bottom up though so won’t be “scattered” as much,I suppose.

Some might sit out an NIT game to preserve their draft stock, others might hit the portal on game day:

1 Like

He was their designated JAS. 36% from 3 on 205 attempts, only 30% from 2 on 60 attempts. Looks like his minutes started to dwindle toward the end of the season.

Yeah, I am just impressed that he entered the portal the day of a game :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, it’s definitely, as the kids say, a choice. (I probably used that wrong)

“Good luck, suckas, peace I’m out!”

And if it means that Vandy loses to Yale because they have no outside game, then I am all for it!

I have supported the bowl game sitouts but I don’t support this. This is low

2 Likes

Maybe the guy decided that he didn’t want to run lines any more this season.

Any word on Jett today? I heard some rumblings he may be out due to opting to let his ankle heal. Haven’t seen any other corroboration (although haven’t looked for it either), so I took it with a grain of salt.

But he prayed on it.

2 Likes

and god spoke: “F your team”

2 Likes