Cassisus Winston - Was on Campus Today

per Sam Webb. I like Winston, but think Thornton is on another level.

2016 U of D Jesuit PG Cassius Winston visited #Michigan today

— Sam Webb (@SamWebb77) June 22, 2014

Was led to believe that some other prospects were going to make visits alongside/near winston’s visit. Haven’t seen any word of that yet.

I like Thornton better, too. I’m getting a little nervous with the way he’s blowing up and with Kentucky now after him. He also may very likely be a one and done guy. With all those factors, if there’s a top 30 in-state PG in play who has interest, I think you have to recruit him hard.

I think DTJR is a 2 year guy just due to physical development like Chris Paul.

TOS says we are the heavy favorite for DTJR even with UK offering, it’ll take something euphoric to change that.

I really hope we get him. Tough to compare with Paul, I think, because in today’s climate Paul would be one-and-done. I think it will be tough but not impossible to get two years out of Thornton. If Walton plays four years, that will help a lot.

Was led to believe that some other prospects were going to make visits alongside/near winston's visit. Haven't seen any word of that yet.

I have no info, but perhaps Prince Ali?

Was led to believe that some other prospects were going to make visits alongside/near winston's visit. Haven't seen any word of that yet.

I have no info, but perhaps Prince Ali?

I actually know who the other prospects were supposed to be, but it was paywalled, so not sharing. Check 247.

Winston taking his time with decision per UD coach. For those that doubted my report that defense was Cassius’ weakness, his HS coach notes that it is something Winston needs to emphasize more over the summer.

Apparently, Coach B had a first hand look at Winston over the weekend

Michigan HC John Beilein on hand to watch 2016 UofD Jesuit PG Cassius Winston. w/offers from MSU and UofM, expect other HMs to offer soon.

— NextUpRecruits.com (@NextUpRecruits) June 30, 2014

He was at Michigan Team Camp, so yes Coach B got plenty of time to watch him :slight_smile:

Dylan - any other notable players with interest from the team camp?

Towns and Teske were also there. I wasn’t able to make it in to watch unfortunately, but reports are that they played well.

Evan Boudreaux was there as well.