Camp today

Why all the talk & hoopla over recruits? According to most on here....... We will be good regardless of who we get..... B/c our staff has proven we can go far without the big recruits. Everyone chill.

Have you been to Crisler lately? There have been a handful of banners added the past few years. I am not sure you are aware of how or why banners are given out, but word on the street is that you get them by winning games.

Geoff, you think we take 2 combo-forwards?

I do in this case. I think Towns can definitely play an Irvin-like or freshman-Stauskas-like role at the 3 and Leaf can excel at the 4.

Just my opinion but I hope we skip on Towns. From what I have seen he is an off/ on shooter with a low release. Also hear reports he does not do well at creating. I’d like to see offers to Thornton , Winston , Battle, Goodin, and Leaf. Both Thornton/ Winston are damn good and would be real happy with either. And would be happiest with whichever want to be a Michigan man the most. Same goes for Battle/Goodin. Both good enough to play here.

Most on here may feel Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman and Aubrey Dawkins can indeed at worst, Be developed Into players in the Mold of say a Ray Gallegos of Nebraska, Drew Crawford Of Northwestern or Devyn Marble of Iowa. Three 2/3 star or unranked Players that for Years Tormented our Wolverines. But Sarcasm and Doubt is welcome, Hopefully this Staff will continue to prove the naysayers wrong. We need these Type of recruits. We lost every role player that knew the System who could make Practice Meaningful/Ultra Competitive, We Need to replenish that area of the program, the type of recruit we bring in to fill those spots will be Paramount to our future success. I Love the starting Point, I think Muhammad and Aubrey will develop into two of the Better prospects we have brought in to fill such roles, Hopefully they will develop in a similar fashion of say Caris LeVert. I’m happy with both of our late signees. Would I have preferred Booker and Blackmon?? You bet. But… We didnt get them did we? Oh Well.

Why all the talk & hoopla over recruits? According to most on here… We will be good regardless of who we get… B/c our staff has proven we can go far without the big recruits. Everyone chill.

Most on here may feel Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman and Aubrey Dawkins can indeed at worst, Be developed Into players in the Mold of say a Ray Gallegos of Nebraska, Drew Crawford Of Northwestern or Devyn Marble of Iowa. Three 2/3 star or unranked Players that for Years Tormented our Wolverines. But Sarcasm and Doubt is welcome, Hopefully this Staff will continue to prove the naysayers wrong. We need these Type of recruits. We lost every role player that knew the System who could make Practice Meaningful/Ultra Competitive, We Need to replenish that area of the program, the type of recruit we bring in to fill those spots will be Paramount to our future success. I Love the starting Point, I think Muhammad and Aubrey will develop into two of the Better prospects we have brought in to fill such roles, Hopefully they will develop in a similar fashion of say Caris LeVert. I'm happy with both of our late signees. Would I have preferred Booker and Blackmon?? You bet. But... We didnt get them did we? Oh Well.

Dawkins maybe a late bloomer and a real steal. MAAR more likely be stu/novak type of players.

Just my opinion but I hope we skip on Towns. From what I have seen he is an off/ on shooter with a low release. Also hear reports he does not do well at creating. I'd like to see offers to Thornton , Winston , Battle, Goodin, and Leaf. Both Thornton/ Winston are damn good and would be real happy with either. And would be happiest with whichever want to be a Michigan man the most. Same goes for Battle/Goodin. Both good enough to play here.

Towns has a very good handle and should be able to create, especially once he gets stronger, at least from what I’ve seen in videos. His release doesn’t bother me. You could say the same thing regarding Irvin. Keep in mind that '16 recruits won’t step onto the Crisler floor for 2 and half years from now. It’s about projecting a kid’s ceiling and work ethic to get better. There are 4 stars who won’t get much better than they are now, and unheralded kids who will make big strides between soph year and signing day. GRIII had no high major interest at this stage of his career. There’s no guarantee that Towns blossoms if we offer him now. But I’d take him if the coaches see the potential. It will have no effect on Leaf’s recruitment.

There’s no way Beilein offers three PGs.(Goodin is a PG) Clearly, Thornton gets an offer, maybe Winston, too. Goodin is not getting an offer unless 1. he’s given some indication that e would commit, or 2. it becomes clear that Thornton and/or Winston are not coming here.

ESPN UPDATED 2016

Josh Jackson #2
Miles Bridges #8
Dennis Smith Jr #9
Josh Langford #8
VJ King #18
Tyus Battle #19
TJ Leaf #21
Derryck Thornton Jr # 32
Devearl Ramsey #33
Quentin Goodin #50
Cassius Winston #54
Barrett Benson #58

Let’s just take Thornton, Battle, Leaf, and Benson.

I think I could live with that class. :slight_smile:

Why so confident in stating that there is no way we would offer 3 point guards? We did couple years ago with Walton, Morris& Jackson. That worked out well. Be happy if we get one of them.

Why so confident in stating that there is no way we would offer 3 point guards? We did couple years ago with Walton, Morris& Jackson. That worked out well. Be happy if we get one of them.

Jackson did not get an offer.

@sane yeah he did… All 3 were offered

Jalen James was also close to getting an offer when Walton committed I believe.

@sane yeah he did.. All 3 were offered

I stand corrected. But I still don’t see Goodin being offered just yet. I think that the coaches feel that Thornton and Winston are a notch better than Goodin. The three offered in 2013 were all considered at about the same level.

Really? The staff hasn’t shown more interest in Winston than Goodin.

Is there any chance Jamal Murray gets an offer on the 15th? My perfect class would include him with Thornton and Battle but that is highly unlikely.

Also is Jon Teske the only big who has a chance for the early offer? Really hope we hold out on an offer to a big man as they are usually late bloomers. Potentially get a big man in 15 as well I guess.

Really? The staff hasn't shown more interest in Winston than Goodin.

It’s hard to gauge relative level of interest. We don’t know how much contact each kid has had. Winston reportedly had a better camp than Goodin and is an in state prospect. I guess we’ll find out in a few days.

I still think we need an elite rebounder/shot blocker. Mitch have us that for 6 games and we made the NC. Guys like Donnal and Doyle are nice to have but we will struggle downlow with the bigger/ more athletic teams.

I still think we need an elite rebounder/shot blocker. Mitch have us that for 6 games and we made the NC. Guys like Donnal and Doyle are nice to have but we will struggle downlow with the bigger/ more athletic teams.

Ricky Doyle has a 7’2 wingspan, not sure about his blocking, but i can see him become an elite rebounder in a couple of years. DJ Wilson, with a 7’3 wing span, can potentially be a good shot blocker at the next level.

Doyle has some length, but I don’t see the athleticism to be a big time shot blocker right now.

Wilson could be a shot blocker down the line when he adds some stretch though.