Breaking down my preseason Big Ten ballot

Lots to chew on. My first is I just cant justify picking Purdue third.

Yeah, I think a lot of people are putting a ton of faith in Painter, which makes sense because he’s a great coach, but on paper, I’m not sure a team that lost it’s all everything player plus all of it’s shooters is going to be as successful as people think. With Eastern, Haarms and Williams as their best players, Purdue is going to have to win in a much different way than normal. A program that typically relies on three point shooting will now have to rely on primarily beating teams inside the arc. It can be done, but I’ll have to see it to believe it.

Give me a core of Simpson, Livers and Teske any day over those 3. It’s not like Purdue’s guys are much proven beyond the 3 main cogs either.

3 Likes

I’m sorry but I just don’t see Illinois or OSU finishing above the Wolverines. I just have confidence in Juwan and staff getting the job done with X, Big Jon and Isiah leading the way. Always better to be the hunter instead of the hunted.

3 Likes

It’s striking how much it feels like a humongous down year in the conference. Every team outside of MSU and Maryland has major question marks.

3 Likes

I could see Illinois or OSU finishing higher.

1 Like

That’s fair. I just have another opinion is all.

1 Like

Yeah… it definitely feels like that, but I also think that we say that every year because of the Big Ten’s recruiting profile. Ohio State and Maryland are very interesting to me.

I can’t read Nate Reuvers’ name anymore without hearing Dylan’s “Roo-vers” pronunciation from the pod in my head. Makes me smile every time.