Bold Predictions for 21-22 Season

This one is pretty spicy: Jalen Coleman-Lands plays his final season of college basketball.

12 Likes

Isn’t that Mr. Gregory Gard to you, sir?

2 Likes

AJ Hoggard gets as many minutes as Tyson Walker until mid-January.

2 Likes

Utter and complete blasphemy. There is no college basketball with JCL.

1 Like

Moussa spends the entire year coming off the bench as the 6th man (position flexibility, BJ confidence, energy off the bench ala Chaundee).

If BJ struggles or gets hurt, T-Will replaces him as a starter.

We are all meeting up in NOLA tailgating for the final four!

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: COVID/Mask Policy for Michigan Home Games

• Andre Curbelo will not make a 1st or 2nd all Big Ten team

• Bufkin will get more minutes than Johns once Big Ten play starts

• Penn State will make the NCAA tournament

• Mark Turgeon will be named head coach of Wichita St within one week of Maryland’s elimination from the NCAA tourney

10 Likes

Those are pretty spicy. I liked the Turgeon to KState idea mentioned on the pod

1 Like

As a closeted Wichita State fan, everyone seems very happy with Isaac Brown as the coach. He did a serviceable job last year and won the regular season championship. I think they give him a chance to be the guy. I don’t think Turgeon would be a big enough name to boot Isaac out of there.

Yeah that was definitely the Carolina reaper among my hot takes. I just enjoy the thought exercise of picturing a Turgeon coached Wichita St team, led by super super super senior Jalen Coleman-Lands.

3 Likes

One for each team, no particular order:

1. Fatts Russell is coming off the bench for Maryland by February, and they’re a better team for it.
  2. Nebraska has a player enter the transfer portal mid-season.
  3. Michigan State beats Kansas but goes 2-2 against Butler + the Battle 4 Atlantis
  4. Purdue finishes 12-8.
  5. Chris Collins and Northwestern agree in late February to mutually part ways at the end of the season.
  6. Jaden Jones (Rutgers) is this year’s Keegan Murray, impressing in his role and getting 2023 draft buzz.
  7. Minnesota finishes 4-16 and everyone agrees that’s actually a pretty good season for them.
  8. Iowa finishes higher than Wisconsin.
  9. Wisconsin has at least three rotation players transfer after the season but retains Greg Gard anyway.
  10. Michigan’s only OOC loss will be at home to Seton Hall.
  11. Illinois is a dominant 16-0 when Michigan beats them in the State Farm Center, but the Illini rally to win the conference.
  12. The air comes out of the Indiana balloon when they lose 2 of 3 in the Syracuse, Nebraska, Wisconsin stretch in late November/early December.
  13. Penn State finishes 7-13 but none of the wins are against a tournament team.
  14. Ohio State’s guard play is a mess early on and the Buckeyes lose to Xavier, Seton Hall, and Duke early. They steady the ship and beat Kentucky and finish 13-7.

Bonus:
The Big Ten wins the Gavitt Games 5-3 and the B1G-ACC Challenge 8-6.

6 Likes

I don’t think Maryland has another PG on their roster to take his spot.

1 Like

Some non-B1G takes:

• Marcus Carr wins the Naismith and Texas is a 1-seed
  • Chet Holmgren returns for his sophomore year
  • Seton Hall wins the Big East

Boutros:
burning-man-man-on-fire

2 Likes

Maybe he means a lineup of Ayala - Hart - Martinez - Scott - Wahab? I could see that actually. That’s four shooters + a center which is a nice recipe in the B1G as we’ve seen lately

1 Like

Yeah, that’s fair, and I guess Ayala ran most of the point last year anyways - so ignore my comment. I do agree with the intent of his take though in that Fatts is just not that good.

I think Fatts takes might have gone from one overreaction to the other. Will be interesting to see.

Fatts Russell should have transferred to Prairie View A&M where he belongs!

2 Likes

Turgeon might be too stubborn and benching a high-ish profile guy like that is tough to do, but he does seem to make more sense as a 6th man to me. Get in there and fire up some shots when Ayala and Scott need a break. I could be underrating his passing but I thought Rhode Island had some decent pieces last year and he did a poor job of involving them. But also going to Turgeon is, somewhat surprisingly, a (significant?) coaching upgrade especially for his offense.

It’s just hard to get excited about a guy who has taken over 1,400 career shots at a 36% clip in the A10.

1 Like