Big Ten Week One Open Thread

Freshman Pardon goes off for 28 ( no Olah ) in NU win at Nebraska. Didn’t see that one coming either. Gotta love B1G bb!

He was going to redshirt before Olah got hurt too. This was just his second game. NW scored 1.35 PPP, talk about offensive explosion.

It should be noted that Duncan Robinson now leads the ENTIRE NCAA in Offensive rating, with a ridiculous 151.3 ORtg. The next highest (Minimum 15% usage rate) is Malik Milton of SMU at 141.9. Robinson is also 1st in the country in true shooting and effective field goal percentage.

Derrick Walton is currently 170th in defensive rebounding rate. I can only see the top 100 at once, but out of those the shortest player is 6’5" and there’s only a couple of those. It’s truly fascinating how well he’s rebounded for a 6 foot point guard.

Lastly, I know we rag on MAAR (probably rightfully) for his lack of assists and setting up teammates, but the positive is that he does an excellent job of taking care of the ball, posting a turnover rate of under 10%, which is in the 99.5th percentile of all eligible players.

Purdue absolutely pounding Iowa right now. Iowa scored just 20 points in the first half and Uthoff had 16 of them.

Basketball games are 40 minutes.

2 Likes

Yes and Iowa wins!

I’m still terrified of Purdue nonetheless. Beilein may have to pull out those hard double teams like we saw whenever Zach Novak had to guard a large power forward back in the day.

That’s okay. We need to go in and play them tough, learn from it. A win and you could start to have title aspirations, but it’s not going to keep us out of the tournament. Big, fun challenge; enjoy it.

1 Like

Need to be careful who you double with, Purdue has guys that can hit the 3.

Some ugly hoops in Columbus tonight… Both teams forgot their offenses tonight.

Offense picked up in the second half, but OSU held on for a close victory. Free throws were the difference.