Big Ten Week 3 Open Thread

Same travel that it looked like Eron Harris (almost) had on that vine going around of his big dunk. Seems to do that move a lot before he takes off.

Man, Iowa is taking it to 'em at Breslin. I’m enjoying this. Gotta say, I kinda like Jim Calhoun on the call, too.

Calhoun is rough around the edges, but insightful at times for sure. Kind of like sitting drinking a beer with a guy and watching the game. He has a lot to say.

1 Like

He can’t complete a thought. It’s brutal.

lol yeah, definitely not polished, and has some rough moments, but he does know the game, and you can hear he watches and feels the game like he loves it. Been a couple of times he’s said “NICE playyyyy…” right in unison with me, haha.

Feeling pretty good about leaving Iowa at No. 1 in the Power Rankings the last few weeks. That was impressive stuff.

Love all the talk about ‘upsets’ in the first few weeks of conference play. Teams lose games, especially on the road, in conference play.

It’s crazy to me when people are so certain Michigan (or any team) CAN’T WIN against whoever – these games are so unpredictable, you have no idea what’s going to happen. Minnesota and Rutgers aside, I’m not that surprised by any Big Ten game result right now. Kinda goes for college basketball as a whole right now, actually.

Iowa up to 4th nationally in KenPom after the win – latest numbers give Michigan a 16% chance at road upset.

I expected MSU to take revenge on Iowa tonight and then we would be facing a pissed off Iowa team on Sunday. Now maybe we will catch them a little over confident. And hopefully, they used up all of their three point shooting mojo tonight.

Know this is big ten open thread but Pitt has 25 points half way thru the second half against lville! As amazing as that is, didnt want to start a thread just for that

1 Like

1 Like

Rough week for the Spartans with that loss at Iowa.

1 Like