Big Ten vs ACC Challenge

The Big Ten and ACC are likely the top 2 conferences in the country. While winning the challenge might not mean much, it definitely doesn’t hurt resumes down the road.

Monday
Nebraska at Florida state. WIN
Rutgers at Clemson. WIN

Tuesday
Pittsburgh at Indiana. WIN
Minnesota at wake forest. WIN
Syracuse at Michigan. Michigan WIN
Illinois at Miami. Illinois
NC state at Purdue. NC state
Ohio state at Louisville. Louisville

Wednesday
Michigan state at Notre Dame. MSU wins
Virginia tech at Penn State. Virginia tech
Iowa at North Carolina. North Carolina
Virginia at Maryland. Virginia
Georgia tech at northwestern. Georgia tech
Duke at Wisconsin. Wisconsin

Currently: 5-0 Big Ten

I have Duke winning over Wisc, they have the size and athleticism up front to deal with Kaminsky, Hayes, Dekker. Duke has the superior backcourt as well. Playing in Kohl is always difficult as a road team though

I am honestly expecting the ACC to win every matchup Wednesday.

The only two where I think the Big Ten might win are Northwestern and Wisconsin.

Duke and Wisconsin is the battle of teams that usually get the benefit of the whistle. I think Duke has more pure talent and that wins out.

Michigan State has a good chance of winning. ND ain’t that good. PSU will win. Decent chance to split tomorrow.

Michigan State has a good chance of winning. ND ain't that good. PSU will win. Decent chance to split tomorrow.

Call me crazy, I’m actually picking ND with the upset. I’ve only watched ND one game, but they look like a really good offensive team, with very poor defense…they very much remind me of UM last year. MSU doesn’t have the depth (right now anyway) to win a road game against a decent opponent in my opinion.

Vince Edwards has looked a lot better than I thought he would be this early in the game. I wonder if Beilein is kicking himself over backing down on that one.

Well, ND is favored so technically it wouldn’t be an upset. :slight_smile: I don’t think MSU is that good either, but I think Izzo can get that win.

Agree on Edwards. Didn’t care for him much as a recruit and he’s looked pretty good.

Who or what determines the match ups for the challenge?

ESPN pretty much as far as I understand… They vaguely base things off of last year’s standings and projected standings for this year and then just pick the best matchups.

There’s a home/away rotation year over year, but that has gotten reset in the past with conference realignment (I believe Michigan played back to back road games a few years ago).

Pretty good so far with the matchups. All close games from what I’ve seen.

The matchups are pretty good usually. They definitely go for storylines + expected similar ranking. Michigan did get bitten with double away games when Nebraska was added. I think it was @ Clemson followed by @ Virginia. Thankfully we didn’t get burned again with adding Maryland and Rutgers.

Wow my MSU friend was actually complaining about the refs favoring ND… I have no idea what some of those people see when they watch games, because it sure is different from reality! And double wow for Iowa actually upsetting Carolina on the road! That just shows how deep the Big ten will be this year in my opinion.

Wow my MSU friend was actually complaining about the refs favoring ND.... I have no idea what some of those people see when they watch games, because it sure is different from reality! And double wow for Iowa actually upsetting Carolina on the road! That just shows how deep the Big ten will be this year in my opinion.

Yeah, MSU got a lot of calls in their favor, particularly for an away game, definitely that last non-call was ridiculous. Grats to Iowa for a strong win.

Wisconsin is missing a bunch of bunnies while Duke is shooting very well from the field

Statement win for Duke at Wisconsin… Blue Devils look legit. Wisconsin will be fine though.

Duke looks scary good. What I would give to have a guy like Okafor on our team…

Im just not all that enamored with Wisconsin, they just don’t strike me as being a dominant team.

They seem senior, but somehow still not on the same page. Regardless, they will put it together for B1G play. Because they always do, whether by the start or part way through.

Im just not all that enamored with Wisconsin, they just don't strike me as being a dominant team.

I agree, they don’t overwhelm you with NBA talent and have never been that type of program under Bo. They have experienced players that have been in Bo’s system and are well coached. I think it’s going to be hard for anyone to beat Kentucky this year, they look miles ahead of everybody else. Only way they get beat is they have an off shooting night and whoever they are playing gets hot from the perimeter in the tournament.

Duke looks scary good. What I would give to have a guy like Okafor on our team...

The beauty of having a dominant post player like Okafor is that you really don’t need to run an offense, you simply dump the ball on the block and the defense has three choices. A) concede 2 points. B) foul. C) double up and give up an open three or driving lane for a cutter

A dominant post player just opens up the court for everyone else. Tyler Cook come on down