Big Ten’s top 25 players for 2022-23 season: 10-6

4 Likes

Top 5

1. TJD
  2. Dickinson
  3. Edey
  4. Murray
  5. Omoruyi

Who wins the UMHoops-ITH standoff between TJD and Dickinson? Which one throws the other guy a bone to appear unbiased? :joy:

4 Likes

@kcg I definitely think Mulcahy could have been in the mix for “also considered” but I don’t think that’s really meant to be a definitive list or anything either. He was awesome for that six-game stretch last year but I don’t really love him over many of the other PGs in the league big picture? Maybe that’s too harsh.

Caleb was about his defense as the returning DPOY which I think we wanted to value.

3 Likes

I feel like him, Hoggard, Buie, and Pickett wouldn’t really be separated by that much? But I know you’ve said 6-25 is very flat so it comes down to what sort of guy you want.

Tyler Wahl the worst offensive player to ever grace the top 10 of this list?

2 Likes

Caleb McConnell is literally on the same list :rofl:

11 Likes

Oh shoot I stopped at 10 :rofl:

I’m surprised McConnell is that high and no Mulcahy. I would not have McConnell top 25 and I would be more comfortable with Mulcahy that high. Though I guess I’m underrating defense but I can’t in good conscience put someone that dreadful on offense that high

1 Like

Mulcahy had the highest turnover rate in Big Ten play last year, isn’t a volume 3-point shooter and didn’t average double figures. What is the sell?

He averaged 16-5-6 over that epic seven-game stretch but then turned around and averaged 8, 4,4 with 4 turnovers to end the year, shooting 40% on twos and 33% on threes.

And before saying I’m cherry-picking stats, he averaged 6.7, 5.2, 4.1 and 2.2 turnovers before the stretch, shooting 40% on twos and 30% on threes.

Like I’m fine with him in the 20-35 range probably, but I don’t think he’s a huge slight higher up the list.

5 Likes

In a year where guard play in the Big Ten is below average, you wouldn’t rank the best defender in the league among the top 25 players?

There was no standoff as we both picked the same guy No. 1.

2 Likes

I’d probably stick him top 25 but I was definitely expecting Mulcahy to be in and McConnell to not be in it at this point

1 Like

Dain Dainja top 5 let’s go!

3 Likes

Wonder how Edey’s numbers compare with Hunter and TJD, if he was playing more than 14 minutes a game.

1 Like

The thing about this is that we know TJD and Hunter can play 30 mpg and we don’t know if Edey can.

3 Likes

I would have definitely taken the under on number of Minnesota players on this list… And I would have lost

2 Likes

Minnesota’s problem isn’t that Batlte and Garcia isn’t good, it is that you can’t name anyone else on their roster.

2 Likes

Hunter 1. is my guess. He’s been a better offensive player, has the 3 point versatility, and has the better peak ‘stretch’ of 80% of the year last year everything after the UNC game. TJD is a better defender, but Hunter has played on a better defense (2021) and is capable of minimizing that gap.

1 Like

We know enough about what Dylan thinks of TJD that Hunter at #1 is my guess as well.

1 Like

McConnell averaged 7-5-2 for the entire season on 39-27-67 splits. I’m shocked he’s above Mulcahy and I’m even more shocked he’s in the top ten. This conference is disgusting next year.

1 Like

He’s the best defensive player in the league, though, by a pretty wide margin.

Not sure Mulcahy is the best at anything.

2 Likes