Big Ten’s top 25 players for 2021-22: 6-10

The one H2H data point we have is Kofi absolutely demolishing him

2 Likes

And soon we’ll have more data points that show how much better Hunter is than Kofi

But is Hunter better than Keegan Murray? :wink:

1 Like

Hahaha that one made me laugh. I vowed to never bring up Murray again on these forums. But now that you mention it he’s clearly underrated on this list :smiley:

2 Likes

I think I’d rather have Ivey than TJD as a guy to build around, but hard to see Inside the Hall slotting his guy lower. But I wouldn’t be shocked either.

It’s tough because I’d have Marcus Carr as the best guard in the league but if he was on THIS Minnesota team I’d have to put him below Curbelo and Ivey, I think. Jacob Young would be in the 15-20 range. Adam Miller in the 20-30 range. Myles Johnson and Liam Robbins are both better than Harrar, so they’d be in the mix (Robbins has the same Carr problem). Darryl Morsell would be in the discussion. Myreon Jones does about the same things Trent Frazier does and he was #14. CJ Fredrick might be a good enough pure shooter to make it.

Good point. I think Ayo, Carr, Garza, and Weiskamp belong in the top 10, but I’d guess Michigan’s top 5 (pre-Livers injury) would be well-represented. I wonder if Mike could have cracked the back end!

Personally I’d have Ivey 6th but I’m taking a stab in the dark that Liddell comes in 5th, Ivey 4th, TJD 3, HD 2nd and Kofi #1

You have Curbelo ahead of him?

1 Like

Williams is my 5th. I just think those 5 are all such established star player high production types and Ivey/Curbelo while fun are 6 and 7 for now

2 Likes

I would have Ivey ahead of both TJD and Liddell. Liddell ahead of TJD without a doubt.
Not a huge Kofi fan but I get it him being number 1.
If I had first pick in Big Ten draft, I would take Ivey. Especially long term. He’s Oladipoesque.
I think I’m done enough incoherent rambling for one night.

1 Like

Jaden, Ivey. SZN.

Not seeing it with Curbelo. Can’t shoot and is a minus defensively. Certainly wouldn’t have him in the top 10. Ivey is fine where he is.

I like Hunter but the next 3 pointer he hits will be his first one. :wink:

Is he a minus defensively? I think he’s got the potential to be a pest on that end with his quickness. Too soon to tell, most freshmen suck defensively.

Also, I still think Curbelo is a decent preview of what Frankie Collins might look like in terms of development. I know Dylan thinks their games are more different than I do, but undersized but athletic true PG who is a good distributor but shaky shooter. I think Collins can have a similar bench role as a freshman.

1 Like

So far, he’s been a minus, that could change, IF he wants to get down and dirty. Collins is an athlete and will be dunking it at the rim. None of that in Curbelo. Collins is solidly built, with a long wingspan and a high defensive ceiling. Curbelo has a much better handle, so hopefully Collins can get there.

1 Like