Big Ten Roster Movement (Summer 2016)

And Jake Rudock had to go through the exact same process that Max did and that Spike would have to:

“In order to transfer from Iowa to Michigan, quarterback Jake Rudock needed a Big Ten Conference waiver to approve him for immediate eligibility.”

And by the way, I think graduate transfers should get to go where ever they want. But it’s just a crap piece of journalism by Forde.

Yeah, now I see where you are coming from! It is not a restriction, as I thought, imposed by our program. The restriction is a Conference rule and an NCAA rule. It is probably just a formality to have the restriction. I am sure that the program and coaches will support Spike (however they can) in going to whatever school he wants to go to Big Ten or otherwise.

oops, **formality to have the restriction lifted after an appeal.

Ohio st may be getting the worst week ever between their transfers and the attention for one of their former players nothing it’s going right for them this week

What makes u think that. We reached out and he didn’t put us on his list. Sounds like we were interested and he wasn’t

The restriction is a B1G restriction by rule, NOT a Beilein restriction. Much ado about nothing.

Yes, after I read “umhoops” comment explaining it as an NCAA and League restriction I now understand. I also now understand more fully why people were being so critical of Forde’s article.

Someone should tweet this at Forde to help him with his “research”.

We reach out to people every summer. Last summer we reached out to Jaren Sina and weren’t in his finalists, and he ended up at GW. I don’t think Sina chose GW over Michigan, rather Michigan didn’t offer despite some initial contact. Based on my view of Broome’s film and stats, our roster, Broome’s finalists, etc., I don’t believe that Michigan is a legit option for Broome at this time.

1 Like

Or maybe both parties had a conversation and it was determined it wasn’t a fit? No chance in your mind that could happen though, is there?

Didn’t we reach out to Shonn Miller last year also? Man, he would have been a nice pickup to play the four.

Playing time is only thing I could think, but i don’t think the back court would be that crowded. Wish he was an option I really liked his style

I think Forde’s article is a joke, but this doesn’t look great for JB either.

1 Like

Forde has been writing troll articles for the past couple years now. No one really takes him serious anymore.

Corey Sanders testing the waters

https://twitter.com/C_Sanders3/status/715594747033882626

Kendall Stephens is headed elsewhere…maybe.

Stephens Granted Release to Explore Transfer

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Purdue head coach Matt Painter has announced that Kendall Stephens has been granted his request for a transfer release.

Stephens will be given the chance to explore the possibility to transfer, but the door remains open for him to return to Purdue for his senior campaign in 2016-17.

“Kendall has asked for his release to explore the possibility of transferring, but he remains a member of our team and the door remains open for his return,” Painter said. “Right now, he is weighing his options.”

Stephens, a 6-7 junior from St. Charles, Illinois, averaged 6.1 points and 1.3 rebounds in 24 games during the 2015-16 season. He made 38 3-pointers to rank fourth on the team, making 31.7 percent of his 120 3-point attempts.

For his career, Stephens has made 175 3-pointers to rank ninth on Purdue’s career 3-pointers made list. He has made three or more trifectas in a game 30 times during his career and has averaged 7.8 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game in 90 career outings.

Purdue finished the 2015-16 season with a 26-9 overall record and a 12-6 mark in the Big Ten Conference.

Stephens wouldn’t be a graduate transfer, though, right? So he’d sit out a year and then get one year to play?

Depends on if he finished his undergrad degree or could by the end of the summer. If he does, then he can grad transfer. If not, he’d have to sit out a year.

Yeah, the release doesn’t say anything about him graduating, so I assumed he hadn’t, but perhaps he could by the end of the summer.

Anyone else see or hear Mike Greenburg’s rant on this? (Which he promises to bring up every day until its resolved)

Basically says shame on JB, UM, and B1G for putting restrictions on Spike. I don’t know the rule or details enough, but seems he’s being pretty critical of UM if they are following a B1G rule, no?