Big Ten Discussion

I missed the very beginning of the game. When introducing the interim coach, it would be the time to talk about where their actual coach was. Don’t know if that happened. It wasn’t mentioned during the portions of the game that I watched.

5 Likes

Carsen Edwards is actually shooting well and it’s quite a spectacle

Unless he learns to dribble in the half court, he isn’t an NBA prospect. Guess he could develop and improve that over the summer, but I don’t see it at this stage.

I had Iowa and Ohio st in Multiple brackets. I also have Iowa beating Tennessee tomorrow in one. I think is possible. If they play well they can hang with most anyone.

Isaiah won’t be a guy who dribbles a lot at the next level. He’s got 3 and D wrote all over him. Just needs to get his handles to be adequate. He will rarely need to break guys down next level. As long as he is able to defend multiple positions and can knock down 3s at a very high level, I think he will get looks regardless.

For Michigan next year they will obviously need him to improve his handles, his ability to put it on the floor for himself and others in the halfcourt, and probably improve his jump shot off the dribble and passing. I think he’s a legitimate pro prospect these next two years after this season and could be a early entrant next year.

5 Likes

Even if he is a 3&D guy, he has to be able to attack a close-out with as simple as a straight line drive, or make the next right play on-the-move and pass the ball as the defense rotates. I am not quite sure he has those skills down yet, especially attacking a close-out.

Defensively, he has the outlines of someone who can guard wings, but he gets beaten by better athletes. He can get there, sure, I just don’t see it yet.

1 Like

I think Isaiah can be an NBA prospect, but only as a second round guy unless he makes an enormous jump. If Isaiah improves on his role right now and becomes more and more elite at it, it wouldn’t surprise me if a team took him in the mid-second.

Is Romeo Langford still at IU but sitting out the NIT or did he leave school altogether? Noticed that he hasn’t played in their NIT games.

As far as his defensive potential, I think Livers likely isn’t hitting it yet because he’s nowhere close to NBA condition right now. I think he’s got it in him to guard the perimeter better than he does, but being 10 pounds lighter will help.

1 Like

“Back injury” emphasis on the quotation marks

1 Like

He hurt his back and was doubtful for Arkansas. One has to wonder if his handlers have shut him down. No reason whatsoever to play him in the NIT. Top ten pick is $10M gaurenteed. I think he’s done with NCAA basketball, just my opinion.

1 Like

Would shock me if he improves enough to consider early entrant

I mean there is beginning to be chatter of him as a pro next season which would mean he’s a early entry. Got a lot of time between now and next season and I prefer the focus on this season personally :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree that with Livers we haven’t seen that Camp Sanderson metamorphosis, and that it would be a meaningful change for him.

Livers just isn’t the ‘cut’ type, but he’s plenty athletic. I don’t think his conditioning is an issue.

1 Like

A bit like the pre/nba Rick Fox.

1 Like

I don’t know if his body type is going to allow him to be cut, and agreed it’s not necessarily holding him back now. But I would imagine that whatever the peak version of him is would be better.

Just me, but I would like to see Houston hand KY their heads.

Heh, don’t think you’d be alone in that regard!