Big Ten Discussion

Loyer is playing a ton for some reason. McQuaid playing well in Winston’s absence.

And Loyer has 2 threes. One of which was aided by a Nick Ward elbow to Woods’ face that took him out of the play. Refs reviewing it now

Refs give Ward a flagrant, but MSU still wins that trade 3-2.

Foster Loyer had 4 threes going into this game and is now 3/3 today. Izzo rewarded for mysteriously benching Winston. And then he draws a charge :roll_eyes:

The only skill Loyer has at this level right now is shooting. I know he hasn’t proven it in college, but he’s small so you don’t have to worry about him driving too much because any 2 he takes has a decent chance of being altered or blocked. And OSU has let him take some wide open shots. If Winston is out that long, you have to make MSU pay. Can’t see OSU winning this game. Just like we needed to make MSU pay when Winston was out last Saturday and we didn’t.

1 Like

I’d rather watch Winston dominate than what is going on right now. McQuaid is crossing people up, hitting pull up jumpers and dropping dimes.

1 Like

Shocking to see Izzo complain and make excuses at halftime.

MSU looks like a Final Four team for me. And I imagine they will be a popular pick for national champions depending on how they look tomorrow against Wisconsin (probably). Hoping for a repeat of 2016 :slight_smile:

1 Like

The national media looooves picking MSU in the tourney whenever they are even remotely good.

3 Likes

Jeebus, you MSU fans need to get a room. I read the posts and assume they’re murdalizing OSU, go to verify and see they’re up 6. Even if MSU got to the finals I’d think any sane person would assume that Zion Williamson stands by the bucket and jams home dunks like a kid with a lotta pennies by a gumball machine.

OSU should be up based on how many minutes Winston played. To be down 6 when Winston only played 10 minutes in the first half is not how to win the game. OSU needed to be up going into halftime in this scenario. Unless OSU gets hot shooting, I don’t see them winning this game.

And I don’t really see alot of MSU love for you to act like we’re fauning over them. I said they look like a Final Four team. Which isn’t all that shocking to say about a team that’s been in the top 10 almost all season.

1 Like

Huh? Bacon said they were a final four team, which isn’t insane considering they’re gonna be a 2 seed and easily beat us both times we played them.

Gotta call that. Wesson needs better awareness there

1 Like

Well they just gave an identical call on Wesson so Izzo can be happy. FWIW I think they were both the right call. Although Wesson’s 2nd foul was complete BS

Loyer has now doubled his season total for 3s. Winston still out and getting a talking to from Izzo.

Horrible scouting by OSU’s coaching staff on Loyer, IMO. Dude is one of the best shooters ever out of the state of Michigan. Clearly his issues this year have been confidence. If he hits two threes, you have to assume he’s got that confidence and you have to treat him like Duncan Robinson from then on out.

Watching MSU win triggers me a lot, wathcing Foster Loyer score 14 points on 5 shots has me in a very bad place.

3 Likes

Foster Loyer is uhhhh doing things

And Kaleb gets his 4th on a horrible call. Should have been a no-call.

OSU doesn’t deserve to win if they’re going to let Loyer and McQuaid beat them off the dribble on a regular basis. However, the officiating may have a had in that. They’ve been called for alot of touch fouls.

1 Like

Seems like OSU is getting called for the stuff that MSU isn’t.

1 Like