Big Ten Discussion

The announcer jinx. “Has not missed tonight.”

1 Like

“The Praying Mantis” with the winning tip.

Edwards finishes 4-24 and 0-10. Historic futility. But Boilers win.

Anyone see an on the back/over the back there, or did IU put that tip in for Purdue?

If that garbage game costs us the Big Ten title…

2 Likes

Did anyone else think that could have been over the back on Haarms and free throws at the other end, a possible very different outcome in that game?

1 Like

It was Haarms. Don’t really think that’s over the back and for sure not calling it in that situation. Enormous win for Purdue and hurts Michigan’s chances at winning the regular season title.

1 Like

Thanks for nothing, IU.

Don’t think it’s over-the-back on Haarms. He reached his arms kind of through Morgan’s but I don’t think he went into Morgan’s body. That’s the benefit of being 7’4" with a 400’ wingspan.

1 Like

Not sure how Indiana didn’t win that. Oh well. Still think we’re better than Purdue

No doubt we are better than Purdue, but they will likely finish with a better record. Running out of chances for them to lose with their schedule

I do. They’re VERY offensively challenged. Plus I was rooting for them, and that never goes well for me in these games! :slightly_smiling_face: The truth is I like Purdue and Matt Painter a lot more than I do IU and Archie, BUT, not tonight! :wink:

1 Like

Purdue kind of got MSU’s schedule from last year: only play Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa once. But, to their credit, they split with MSU and Maryland - and they havent lost a game that they shouldve won. I think we were favored in all 3 of our losses, right?

1 Like

I don’t know if we were favored at UW or Iowa but I wouldn’t really call those upsets. Now PSU…

KenPom, Torvik, and Vegas all had Michigan as the favorite in their losses. But yeah, not the end of the world to lose at the Trohl Center and Carver-Hawkeye. Losing to last place PSU in front of 12 people at the 18,000-seat BJC…yeah.

1 Like

Maybe, but I feel like homecourt advantage is hard to quantify. I don’t know if any formula can really do it.

Michigan will be favored in all 20 conference games.

Penn State on the road isn’t even a bad loss, despite their poor W/L record. Top 50 on both KenPom and BartTorvik’s site. Have played the 2nd toughest schedule in the country.

1 Like

That game will not help the “Archie Miller may not be that great of a coach” crowd. Painter owned him those last few possessions. Terrible plays/offense for Indiana down the stretch.

1 Like

Aw man I was really hoping tonight would give us confirmation that Dylan made a deal with the devil pre-season by trading his pre-season conference favorite pick in exchange for the Hoosiers beating every non-Michigan conference title contender. Guess that’s not actually the case :frowning:

1 Like

It’s not by the metrics, yeah. And even in the NET it’s a Q1 loss. It still sucks to lose to the last place team…but if things turn out like they did for the 2013 team I guess I’ll be alright. :wink:

1 Like

Was Archie this bad an in-game coach at Dayton? I honestly don’t recall but he certainly had a lot of buzz about him.