Big Ten Discussion

Dylan and Brendan both picked Wisconsin. Book it!

2 Likes

Give me Purdue -2, Wisconsin +1 and Michigan -6.5

1 Like

I think MSU pulls it off tonight. I’ll take Purdue and UM to cover too.

If Purdue wins tonight, they will win the conference

Being they are both at home and they are pretty much “must wins” to stay in the conference race, I gotta think Maryland and Wisconsin are gonna give their best shot tonight.

We really need Purdue to lose badly and to experience some infighting so that they slide down the stretch.

The truth be told, the only thing we really need is to take care of business in our games. Yes, we have a tougher schedule ahead than Purdue. But the bottom line is, we currently control our own destiny. If we were to win out, we would win the conference. Some of us, including me, often complain about the lack of respect nationally in the polls. Maybe it’s time we respect our team’s results more than their faults!

EDIT: shared regular season crown with Purdue still = regular season conference champion, but with bragging rights. :slightly_smiling_face:Also, I didn’t say I expect to win out. The point was I/we could be less critical and more positive in our support for the team. Totally agree with @Champions

1 Like

I think fans tend to be too critical of their own team, especially after loses. We know them so well, all of their shortcomings are more noticeable. Same applies to individual players.

2 Likes

If we finish with the same record in the B1G as Purdue, do we get the tie-breaker since we beat them, or is it a shared title? (Assuming we finished tied with the best record)

The Big Ten title is shared, the tie breaker determines seeding in the Big Ten Tournament.

6 Likes

I think Michigan is the best team in the conference, but I don’t think the chances of winning out are good at all. Purdue has won 8 straight and it’s time for them to cut it out. It’s most inappropriate.

2 Likes

I agree with Quinn and Dylan’s point on the podcast that Purdue just isn’t THAT good and that they are kind of due for a skid. Not many of us would have predicted State’s little string of losses. Just as I don’t think Michigan will win out, I can’t see PU winning out either

1 Like

They won’t. Probably 2 more loses.

And this was my point on the pod… Even if/when they lose two more games, they are still in a great position to share the league.

2 Likes

edited to give appropriate credit :slight_smile:

If Michigan does worse than 5-2 in the last seven, I can’t see us getting at least a share of the conference title.

I think Brendan made the first point (that Purdue is overrated) my point was just that it might not matter in the title race.

Yeah, I was gonna say, I thought it was Brendan who “had a take about Purdue” maybe not being that good and then asserted that they may have a skid left in them. May it start tonight!

Fine, you both get credit! :zipper_mouth_face::sunglasses:

1 Like

My personal prediction is a 3 way tie at 16-4. But Wisconsin beating MSU today would go a long way to eliminating MSU

1 Like