Big Ten Discussion

When they see the tape of the end of regulation they’ll be even more upset. They should have had Stevens at the line up two and shooting two with 13.3 seconds left, and then the clock fiasco. Can’t watch any more. I’m done. Feel bad for Chambers and his kids.

Right, which is why I’m saying he’d be disappointed since the clock guy screwed his own team and not the opponent, which of course is the Spartan Bob specialty.

1 Like

Official handed the ball to the Penn State player with 5.2 seconds and the clock operator started the clock. Penn States number 13 caught the ball with 4.6 seconds. Very possibly effected his ability to get the ball up the floor for a better shot opportunity. I also believe there was a blatant missed foul on Stevens drive to the basket on the previous play that would have put him on the line for 2 with Penn State up two and, I think 13.3 seconds to play.

1 Like

I didn’t catch it live but silverblue said that the clock started before the ball was touched after being inbounded, giving PSU less time to get off a game-winning shot.

Wow, that’s really bad. Did they review it?

No. With all the stoppages and reviews, uhhh, no.

Scott Bell RT’d this and had to share. This is hilarious and spot on:

4 Likes

I think the number of coaches fired should be a lot more then it will be, but at this point I would set the over under at 1.5 for coaches being fired.

Chambers is obvious, if he keeps his job Penn State mine as well shut down the program, because they just don’t care anymore. But other then him, I think Miles should be fired if they miss the tourney, but I am not sure if he will be, I guess Indiana could do something really crazy and fire Archie if they continue to crater, but I doubt it.

And as you said, most other coaches that I think probably should be fired (Turgeon, McCafferey, Pitino) won’t be if they make the tournament. So I will take the under on my own fictional over/under, with just Chambers getting fired.

You apparently are auditioning to be host of The Apprentice–B10 Coaches Edition.

why do you think turgeon should be fired?

Maryland underachieves relative to their talent level every year, and Turgeon is 0-18 in road games against ranked opponents.

Time to fire Tim Miles

1 Like

Nebraska has quit on him like Indiana is quitting on Archie.

Miles made the Tournament in his second season way back in '13-'14 but hasn’t even sniffed making it back other than last year’s team that had a shiny but hollow record.

Miles is done at Nebraska IMO and that rebuild job is going to be a nightmare next season. Palmer, Copeland, and Watson (top three scorers) are all seniors, as is Borchardt who is now starting. Roby is a junior and getting legitimate NBA Draft hype. They had, according to 247, the worst recruiting class last season and currently sit at 11th (in the Big Ten) for 2019 incomings. On a team criticized for no depth there is a chance they lose four of their five starters and one of the only bench pieces they had.

I was going to make a plea for Miles to keep his job but what you outlined is pretty dire. I do think they are done this year with no chance of turning it around with the roster they have left.

I was going to say that Miles has taken a historically poor basketball program and at least took them to respectability. Its a roll of the dice for them to boot him even if his ceiling is middle of the pack and an occasional NCAA bid for an unknown who could crater them back to their historical norms. But with what you describe, if the impending cratering is going to happen under Miles, then you have to can him and start over.

1 Like

I agree with what you mean about his helping turn around a historically poor program, but I think with an incoming rebuild job (at least, that’s what it appears) this is the time to sign on a new coach. Their top minute-getter currently off the bench had eleven career points before Copeland got hurt, nine came in the season opener. This roster is too thin to trouble the Big Ten for a full rest of this season. Interested to see what they do against Michigan, though, so late in the season and with Michigan hosting immediately after they welcome MSU. Could be a real let-down game, or a total blow-out, depending how that preceding game goes.

We are 6 minutes away from buying a one way ticket to Archie Island.

7 Likes

The IU vs. MSU game reminds me of watching almost any B1G game where refs are not whistle happy. The IU players are getting mugged trying to get to rim but cannot buy a FT under two mins. Yet they still have a chance - in East Lansing.

Romeo Langford… What were you doing on that last possession of regulation?!

Langford with a freshman mistake on that inbounds pass. I can’t believe they still might win this thing.

1 Like