Big Ten Discussion

Gonna just leave this laugher here:

8 Likes

Unbelievable! I honestly thought until Davis made the two free throws at the end that State would win the thing! Wow! My wife, a Sparty, is devastated! I just told her, itā€™s life in the B1G!

2 Likes

Big Ten race is wide wide wide open

Iā€™ll tell you what, Iā€™m on Archie Island now, baby!

6 Likes

Iā€™m sure heā€™ll say something about Langford being injured as the reason they lost or some bullshit like that.

2 Likes

The big ten is always good for beating the crap out of each other, despite rankings or predictions.

1 Like

Ha probably. Iā€™m curious if he tries to ignore it or admits the stupidity of that tweet.

Iā€™m not so sure this has anything to do with the Big Ten being tough. Letā€™s be honest, thatā€™s just a bad/pathetic loss for MSU. At home to a struggling Hoosiers squad and Morgan went out early.

However, on the flip side, MAJOR kudos to IU. Thatā€™s a HECK of a win and effort in general, let alone without Morgan for most of it.

1 Like

I officially believe with my whole heart and soul that we can win at Breslin this year and no amount of pathetic offensive performances against Iowa will convince me otherwise

2 Likes

It was a terrific performance by IU. Because of their youth and inexperience, and playing at the Breslin, they almost threw it away at the end, but they played hard and managed to pull it out.

Green makes a difference for them as does Davis. Durham played very well, and for Davis, a poor free throw shooter, to make three of four Ftā€™s down the stretch was huge. Those last two were awesome!

1 Like

Yeah, thats pretty inexcusable for State to lose that. With Morgan going out basically you were left with Langford for IU. He had some good and some bad and they had some role players step up but yikes for MSU on that performance.

Really opens up the race big time. Purdue and Wisconsin have to be loving this result.

1 Like

This is the second straight game that MSU was torched from beyond the arc. That elite 3-point defense is suddenly taking on some water. To be bombed from three by Purdue makes sense but Indiana? They came in shooting TWENTY-FIVE PERCENT from three in Big Ten games and went 10/20.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree! For as bad as I can say that is for MSU, have to give a ton of credit and props to IU. Incredible win.

1 Like

I donā€™t think weā€™re unhappy either! :wink:

Purdue is going to sneak into this thing until the end now. Wisconsin probably has to beat Michigan in AA to have a chance, and I donā€™t see that happening.

Spartans were 17-point favorites to KenPom and Torvik.

Like I said before YIKES! This is the type of game that will bump them off the 1 seed if it comes to that. And if they are splitting hairs between them and Mā€™s resume for a 1 seed this will tip the scales to Mā€™s favor. They donā€™t have a loss this bad left on their schedule.

1 Like

Izzo said he felt game was poorly played and poorly officiated. Apologized to fans for teams performance. Managed to slip in they have an excuse for missing shots because some shooters are out but no excuse for the rebounding

I threw $10 on Indiana moneyline at +750. I enjoyed that game thoroughly :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I think you have to be prepared to play EVERY SINGLE game. Stateā€™s offense was out of sync for much of the night and their FT shooting was just atrocious! That to me indicates that they just werenā€™t mentally and/or emotionally ready.

They really are just kids and itā€™s hard getting sky high 30-32 times a year and 20 times in the B1G, and so sometimes maybe you cruise a bit. Canā€™t do that in the B1G, not even at home in the Breslin.

1 Like