Big Ten Discussion

Aren’t we in Atlantis next year? I was hoping for Maui in 2020.

Atlantis Next year, cant go to Maui until 2021 at the earliest

Ahhh I see. Well in 2020 I hope we end up at that Brooklyn tournament at Barclays Center again. I had a really good time at that one. It was absolute Thanksgiving magic when the “Ricky Doyle” chants broke out last time!

1 Like

Good win by Minnesota over Washington. They’ve now beaten Utah, Texas A&M, and now Washington. All solid wins (not great wins). Biggest issue for them right now is point guard play. They have McBrayer and Coffey splitting the point guard duties with Washington (Jellyfam) playing spot minutes. Washington was in at the end of the game today.

1 Like

The Maui Invitational needs to be on any college hoops fan’s bucket list. So yeah, I second that recommendation enthusiastically :wink: Insane atmosphere.

I really liked minny to surprise and do what people thought they’d do last year. Especially when Curry’s back.

Their schedule really masters the “pretty decent but not hugely notable P5 team” genre.

Penn St loses to DePaul and Bradley in close affairs that good teams find a way to win. It’s just like 2017… or 2016. Maybe I was thinking 2015…

3 Likes

They need to play OSU more often. :smiley:

1 Like

I realize that Penn State has no basketball history/culture in my lifetime to speak of (best case: bubble tournament team), but I’m shocked that:

a) Any D1 program is willing to give any coach as much rope as he’s gotten at PSU

b) Producing one year of a very good team that consistently doesn’t play as well as it’s capable of is sufficient to lengthen said rope

If PSU has one defining characteristic under Chambers, it’s heroically fighting back from large deficits that shouldn’t have existed in the first place, only to slightly fall short.

Wonder how the Izzo’s will come out of this upcoming six game stretch? One true home game.

Its a tough stretch, but I would be surprised if they had more than 2 losses in there. They’re more talented than everyone save UNC. Though I’m not seeing UNC on their schedule. Am I missing something?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/127

Edit: just saw their game with UCLA is part of a little tournament, so they’ll play one of UNC/Texas after UCLA

Wisconsin is a lot better this year. Maybe the 2nd most impressive Big Ten team so far.

1 Like

I was not buying Wisconsin this year, despite the hype they received including around here. I am coming around on them. Trice has been huge coming back for them and Happ is obviously elite. I’m still not sold on Gard long-term but a solid year this year buys him some time I would think. I still am curious what a post-Happ Wisconsin looks like.

On the other hand, I am not afraid of Wisconsin as a Michigan fan. I think we match up REALLY well with them.

1 Like

When they brought in that big Freshman class that Carr was part of a few years ago, I think that was going to make or break their program under Chambers. Now with Carr gone, a marginal year this year could/should really spell trouble for him.

Am I crazy that I really like Iowa and minny?

MSU dissecting UCLA currently. This UCLA team matches up poorly with MSU, though, IMO.

Domination

UCLA is awful. Just very poor in transition and the zone they ran out was a joke. Open corner 3s for days.

4 Likes