Big Ten Discussion

1 Like

https://twitter.com/umhoops/status/1060329322635034624

Cincinnati had won 26 straight home games. That’s an incredibly intimidating place for OSU to go into and get a win. Especially with all they lost.

Jack Nunge Plans to Redshirt 2018-19 Season

IOWA CITY, Iowa – University of Iowa head men’s basketball coach Fran McCaffery announced on Thursday that sophomore Jack Nunge plans to redshirt the 2018-19 season.

The native of Newburgh, Indiana, saw action in all 33 games a year ago, ranking second on the team in blocked shots (25), fourth in steals (21), and fifth in scoring (5.7).

Nunge (6-foot-11, 235 pounds) is one of seven forwards on this year’s Iowa roster.

“After discussing with my family and coaching staff I have decided to redshirt this season,” said Nunge. “This decision is not related to an injury, but rather I would like to take the opportunity to use this year to grow my skillset and get stronger. We have an incredibly deep team and I look forward to helping make my teammates and myself better in practice this season.”

Nunge, who will have three years of eligibility remaining after this season, joins freshman CJ Fredrick as Iowa’s two redshirts in 2018-19.

Perhaps this isn’t readily available, but do you have any clue how common non-first year redshirts are that are not the result of an injury?

One half against a bad team caveat, but Ayo Dosunmu looked pretty good in his first college action. I’m expecting a pretty decent improvement for Illinois this year. Their starting lineup is actually somewhat solid from 1-5 if Giorgi Bezhanishvili ends up being serviceable as a center.

Also I was 100% sure CJ Walker was a grad transfer. Using a pick on him in fantasy was not my finest hour.

1 Like

Iowa is still Iowa

Ohio State plays a lot of guys, but Duane Washington Jr’s jump shot is so pretty.

Looks like a first year contributor off the bench for sure.

Six 3s for Washington Jr. tonight. Beautiful shot.

Could this really happen?

https://twitter.com/vernoncarey22/status/1061761269957582849?s=21

Should someone show him the missing Jaren Jackson tapes?

3 Likes

You mean the “Jaren Jackson missing” tapes?

4 Likes

You are right, but Green Bay could unironically be solid. I’m real high on them in a weak Horizon. Predicting them to finish fourth at worst. I don’t think that’s too bold, but the Horizon is always wacky.

On topic of Iowa, though, Cook and Garza still scare me quite a bit. I want to see more from them before judging them.

1 Like

Ugh. I hope not. Although if he goes there, I’m sure Izzo will play Kithier in the NCAA tournament as their zone buster instead.

1 Like

Brutal. I mean, the last good big man Tom Izzo put in the NBA was who, Zach Randolph? And he played what, 10 minutes a game for one season at MSU?

1 Like
1 Like

Trice and Happ are destroying Xavier