Big Ten Discussion

Are we sure this isnā€™t a vintage Xavier team yet? This is probably the most talented starting lineup Xavier has ever had.

Picked middle of the pack in the Big East, right? And lost a ton from last year.

True, but they have 4 top 100 guys starting between Scruggs, Marshall, Goodin and Jones (all of which have experience) along with a lot of grad transfers who produced a ton at lower levels.

Could be a lot better than the general consensus, IMO.

Nice to see the Big Ten getting some wins. Minny over Utah, OSU over Cinci, now Wiscy with a good showing, and no embarrassing losses yet. Maybe the Illini can pull this off.

Ayo just cannot handle these hard hedges

Iā€™ll be very interested in watching Langford against good competition. Great Incredible start for the team.

1 Like

Langford looks really good. Ward hurt for MSU? Anyone with info?

No info, but thereā€™s a good shot heā€™s just in the dog house.

He sprained his ankle in the first half

Nebraska with a total shellacking of Kenpom #50 Seton Hall. Indiana up 21 on #29 Marquette. The Big Ten appears to be much improved from last year.

Big ten looks pretty good this year. Nebraska seems wayyyy better than I thought they were gonna be and now Iā€™d be stunned if they arenā€™t a damn near sure fire tourney team. Indiana result didnā€™t surprise me a ton though personally because i felt like Indiana wasnā€™t getting respected enough during the preseason. They got so much talent. Had 3 or 4 guys out injured tonight too I believe. And Romeo Langford is a top 10 NBA draft pick. Should be a really fun season in the BIG!

2 Likes

Itā€™s looking like that. Itā€™s about time, the conference was so damn fun when we had a bunch of legitimately good teams in the 2012-2014 type years.

There might not be an elite team, but the conference is looking really solid up and down. Last year they finished behind the SEC and Big East, but this season weā€™re closer to the ACC than we are to anyone below us. Only rutger is looking like they wonā€™t be top 100, and even they have destroyed their bad teams.

3 Likes

There is an elite team. Itā€™s usā€¦

I also think Indiana , m state and consin are top 15 teams . I think Minnesota will be too 20. I could see 6-7 teams in the top 25

1 Like

Nebraska looked really good to me last night.

Thought Nebraska would be good, but they are even better than expected. I am surprised how early in the season Indiana is jelling. They are a top 25 team already.

Has anyone besides Michigan won a big road game? That will be the test for many of these teams.

Ohio State won at Cincinnati, Wisconsin won at Xavier

2 Likes

Oregon at Iowa, Ohio State at Creighton and Penn State at DePaul all intrigue me tonight.

Might have 7 teams that are ranked quality this year.