Big Ten Discussion

PSU beat WVU in Morgantown. Myles Dread with 23 points

1 Like

I will do the opposite. Rothstein is the worst.

1 Like

Been hearing a lot of noise about that kid before today.

Willing to bet Stevens will not be on the All B10 first team

1 Like

WVU was without James Beetle Bolden, their probable starting PG. Looks like WVU played a ton of guys, I know that normally do that but they spread the minutes out more than usual (it seemed). Definitely a good win for Penn State though, as they played without Watkins.

Althought it looks like Watkinsā€™ career could be over

Ohio State announces that Micah Potter is transferring on the eve of the college basketball season.

But why???

I have actually met Micah Potter and know of him through several friends. Not athletic enough for a forward but not tall enough for a C. I never saw him as an impact guy at OSU so this may be a good move for him. Will be interesting to see where he lands. Timing is super weird.

He made some annoyingly good plays against us last year, though.

My big question this year is Purdue - I generally like Painter, I like their style of ball, and I love Carsen Edwards and his timberland sneakers.

But last year Edwards, if memory serves, was the second highest usage major minutes player in the conference, and managed high efficiency at that usage. Theyā€™ve lost virtually every other drop of offensive activity. We know what Ryan Cline is - he can shoot, but heā€™s an outlet. Haarms was an elite defender who didnā€™t do much offensively. People talk up Eastern, but he was both low activity and low efficiency - asking him to swallow a huge amount of additional possessions doesnā€™t seem ideal.

The first option probably is to ask Edwards to do even more - his efficiency was so strong that they probably win having him do more slightly less efficiently. If he does dial up his usage to the mid 30ā€™s and stays somewhat efficient we could be looking at the best season by a small guard sinceā€¦Kemba Walker? (A good comp for Edward in my opinion).

1 Like

Interesting. Youā€™re not worried about fatigue? Looked like he didnā€™t have his legs in Big Ten Tourney final.

One thing about Purdue and fatigueā€¦ they played a 6 game international tournament in August before last year.

1 Like

Anyone else think Potter would have looked good in a Michigan uniform. I always thought he was very talented.

Kansas is currently a 5 point favorite over Sparty. Can any of you guys see MSU keeping it closer than that? This feels like a blowout game to me.

3 Likes

I would lean Kansas and love Dedric Lawsonā€™s gameā€¦ especially if he is going to make threes this year. But there are a lot of new faces and new roles for this Kansas team which makes it tough.

Kenny Goins breakout game

3 Likes