Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Why is this a road win, but our game against UNC will be considered neutral?

3 Likes

I think itā€™s because the PK85 was held at Portlandā€™s home arena (Chiles Center), whereas the Jumpman event is at the Charlotte Hornetsā€™ Spectrum Center, not UNCā€™s Dean E. Smith Center.

Still bullshit, but there is a sort of logic to it.

4 Likes

The Spectrum Center in Charlotte is 140 miles from the Dean Dome in Chapel Hill, more than three times more distant than Little Caesars Arena is from Crisler.

Doesnā€™t seem like bullshit to me. Itā€™s their home gym. Maybe not their home crowd and all, but that seems like a key distinction. Turns out a useful cheat code for MSU.

1 Like

Kevin Willard hive rise up !

Willard to Katz in postgame interview: ā€œIā€™m gonna have a beer and nine more after that!ā€

Iā€™m not supposed to say this as a Rutgers fan but: Kevin Willard is a better coach than Steve Pikiell and Iā€™ve thought so even going back a few years while he was at Seton Hall. Heā€™s done a pretty good job in the transfer portal and adapting modern basketball principals and it looks like his high school recruiting is ticking up now that heā€™s at a bigger brand. Thereā€™s still a chance heā€™s Turgeon 2.0 and theyā€™re back to earning 4-6 seeds and getting bounced on the first weekend, but even if thatā€™s the case heā€™s gotten there quicker than I wouldā€™ve thought.

That game last night looked like a couple of 12-14 win Big Ten teams.

1 Like

I am sure that Steve Pikiell heard you. :smile:

1 Like

Heā€™s alright too :joy:

1 Like

Congrats, kcg! If Michigan is what it is this year, Rutgers might be my adoptateam.

3 Likes

Quiet board this weekend. Indiana and Illinois both lose and barely a peep

Between the football rollercoaster this week (OSU win high, Mazi news low, Mazi news high, Blake news low, BTG high), and more importantly the self destruction to end the UVA game, I donā€™t think there will be a lot of traction here for the next month until football season ends. Maybe if we beat Kentucky, but even then that may point more towards Kentucky than anything else.

1 Like

13:20 to go in the 2nd half and Creighton just scored their 30th point against Nebraska. Nebraska is up 31-30

7:30 to go Nebraska up 42-33

Purdue dominating Minnesota 42-27 at half.

1 Like

Still no Malik Hall, but MSU down 1 at the half to NW at Breslin. I am so disheartened by this weeks games that I am resorting to rooting against rivals. This board is just so dejected.

2 Likes

Revenge against Minnesota at the Barn on Thursday will be a good start.

9 Likes

I like where your head is at!

2 Likes

Look nooneā€™s forcing me to pay attention to basketball until football seasonā€™s over okay

(Things I never thought I would never sayā€¦)

1 Like

Hoping NW can hang on. MSU losing again would be great.