Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

He did 4 years.

Luka Garza is only like 6ā€™10 though. Thatā€™s not that big for an NBA player. So itā€™s easy to expose an unathletic big man at that size. Edey wonā€™t be a star, but he has a unique trait that will keep him on an NBA roster, even if itā€™s closer to the end of the bench than the starting lineup. He should be able to at least protect the rim and score inside.

Also, Luka got drafted.

5 Likes

Edey is as high as mid-2nd round in mocks.

Does being from Canada impact Edeyā€™s NIL prospects? I donā€™t know enough about all of this stuff.

generally, being from outside the US means you canā€™t do NIL except in very specific situations. i havenā€™t heard anything about purdue pursuing those sorts of things for edey, but maybe i just donā€™t hear these things

Could he do commercials for GMC and get paid in his Toronto bank? It seems like you canā€™t have a job and get paid in America (or repatriate earnings into America?), but you can have a job and get paid overseas. At least that is how I interpreted the Kentucky Tschibwe (sp?) fundraiser in the Bahamas.

hahaha, yeah, i was reading about that tshiebwe stuff in the bahamas too. no idea!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1637573830561374209

An NEC C would get eaten alive in the B1G I would imagine. Seems like a guy that should end up at a MM, Shrews is clearly just mailing it in

2 Likes
8 Likes

I donā€™t think heā€™s mobile enough to protect the rim in the NBA. They will pick on him in PnR and isolate the star players who can get by him with ease. NCAA rules helped hide Edey from getting exposed. With 3 second rule and NBA spacing, I donā€™t see any way that Edey is playable in the next level defensively.

Iā€™m aware that Luka got drafted but heā€™s struggling to hold onto the roster spot because heā€™s a AAAA type of player. Too good for the G-League but not good enough to catch onto the NBA roster.

2 Likes

Not sure anyone is saying that Edey will be good in the NBA, just that heā€™ll probably be a 2nd Rd pick.

5 Likes

He had really good games offensively against high major competition. Iā€™m sure heā€™s a zero defensively though.

2 Likes

I think he might be a more mobile Boban. Iā€™m not sure he has the shooting touch of Boban but thatā€™s the kind of player I see. A 3rd big who might be good in spots.

2 Likes

Or put on 50 lbs of muscle and go the Valunciunas route.

1 Like
2 Likes

Ugh. Do not want to deal with a good Notre Dame in basketball.

1 Like

Can you change the last bullet to ā€œ1 less Sweet 16 than Hunter Dickinsonā€? :smile:

9 Likes

So do UCLA and USC join the B1G next season or the 24-25 season?

2 Likes

Not exactly ideal but wouldnā€™t this have less of an effect on us than him getting Penn State up and running?

1 Like