Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

I guess, but seeing Notre Dame do well is kind of worse than pretty much anything in sports

2 Likes

2024-2025. One more season will be played before they join.

4 Likes

Brad Stevens to Penn St???

2 Likes

In no way do I see that as being realistic.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/RivalsPortal/status/1638144674308452352

Heā€™ll fit right in at Iowa

1 Like

MSU mentioned with another guard. Iā€™m fascinated to see who leaves after the season

jace :handshake: jace

1 Like

Heā€™s probably a wing as much as a guard. Wing is definitely a need cause right now theyā€™re set to be a team of guards and bigs with little in between. Only wings are gonna be Brooks, Hall, Normand. And Brooks and Hall could both be gone.

Meanwhile they have a log jam at the 4/5 with Kohler, Cooper, Sissoko, Carr, Booker

Guard they have Akins, Walker, Holloman, Fears, Hoggard

Thatā€™s 13 so the fact theyā€™re recruiting anyone means someone will leave. A lot of options. I imagine Walker/Hall/Hoggard/Brooks/Kohler could all leave for varying reasons

Akins seems to me like a guy that sticks around all 4 years for Izzo and breaks out his senior year

MSU fans probably should be hoping Brooks and Kohler transfer. Iā€™ll be hoping Walker leaves at which point I donā€™t care too much about the others

1 Like

Yeah definitely expect a senior Akins to have a monster year and everyone will talk about how great Tom is at developingā€¦a top 50 kid that took 4 years to do so.

Im just bitter because he shouldve been here.

3 Likes

Akins will only be a junior next year.

I assume they are mostly trying to recruit Pierre Brooksā€™ replacement, right?

1 Like

Yes I think this guy would be a Brooks replacement

1 Like

I didnā€™t realize Carr was thought of more as a 4 than a 3. Admittedly, I havenā€™t watched any video besides highlight reel dunks though so I donā€™t really know what his game is like. I just know heā€™s an elite athlete

To me he seems like an obvious 4 at college. Insane athlete, strong, but canā€™t really shoot. Maybe could work with Booker and Hall out there with him? To me a Booker/Carr frontcourt is the scariest thing MSU can out out there next year. If they have Walker and Hall with that then they are preseason top 5 probably

I am not looking forward to their potential roster next year. I need some attrition. Iā€™m sure the feel good vibes of a tournament run will create a lot of bitter players that want to leave

The only guy theyā€™re going to lose is Hauser, right?

Heā€™s the only one that canā€™t come back. Brooks is almost assuredly leaving I would guess one of their bigs leaves as well

1 Like

So am I crazy for thinking that Akins is going pro?

Has Brooks officially announced? I assume itā€™s just a formality though since we can see the writing on the wall.

Losing Brooks to free a scholarship is a net positive though.

1 Like

Oh yeah thatā€™s great for them. Generally Izzo gets the exact players to enter the portal that he wants. Pretty good for a guy that doesnā€™t like the portal

6 Likes