Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Those shooting numbers are all over the place. Illinois couldn’t make sh*t away from the basket, OSU couldn’t get near the basket and evidently settled for a ton of jumpers.

After tonight we have three teams down to the 9-11 projection: Wisconsin, Penn State and Ohio State. Illinois and IU up to 11-9.

2 Likes

Was Skyy Clark really that much of a loss for ILL? Their run seems to coincide with him leaving. They did look quite dysfunctional against Indiana so maybe not completely out of the woods yet. Indiana does look to be putting it together and TJD has just been incredible.

That Penn St. spot on Sunday is looking very dicey. They have to go to Purdue and Nebraska after that and have been much better on their home court. If Penn State loses those, 9-11 might be a pipe dream.

And how is OSU still 21 on KenPom? I’m just NOT seeing it with them.

1 Like

Sometimes easier stretches of schedule can fool us into a lot of different things. They are still one of the most talented teams in the league so I think it makes sense they are improving. Not just about Clark as much as it is also figuring out Mayer’s role, etc

2 Likes

How about the not-too-far-fetched scenario of getting Pickett in the portal 2 years ago and Shannon this past year? Lets throw Funk in off the bench too instead of Baker and thats probably a Final Four contender.

6 Likes

My “Underwood has lost his locker room” trolling of Illinois fans has backfired

1 Like

Underwood seems to do a pretty good job of making big picture changes mid-season. Last year went from “this is Curbelo’s team” to “lol no” very quickly and they solved a lot of problems. This year’s team seems to have done some of the same.

1 Like

the only thing that makes me feel better is it seems like he at least somewhat intends these changes. every four years tom izzo is forced, by circumstances outside his control, to play his best lineup rather than his favorite lineup and backs into like a 2 seed

4 Likes

Yeah that’s kind of his thing. Did that at OK St too

1 Like

Ohio State just could not get inside, and if they did, it was blocked or stripped.

Yeah, probably not second tier. Trending towards 11th straight season without reaching a Sweet 16.

1 Like

The thing that strikes me about looking at the current standings is if Michigan can win tomorrow, they are only a game out of first. Despite all the obvious and real struggles.

2 Likes

Have also played the easiest league schedule, though.

4 Likes

Completely choking in the Iowa game is going to haunt us all season. Michigan had that game won 99% of the time and if you flip that game suddenly your comment about the standings starts to hold real weight.

4 Likes
2 Likes

The four best teams in the BIg Ten are Purdue, Rutgers, Illinois and Indiana.

• True
  • False

0 voters

Think I’d take Iowa (with Kris) and MSU (with Hall) over IU (without XJ)

3 Likes

Really didn’t want to put Indiana in that group, but couldn’t come up with a different team to replace them

2 Likes

Air ball. Air ball. Air ball.

3 Likes

Also don’t want to include Indiana, but if you would have told me pre-season that TJD would take this much of a leap, I would have bought in more on them.

Illinois seems like an “explode in any direction” team but their talent is there without any question.