Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Purdue’s KenPom win projection is up to 16-4 after today’s win at the Breslin.

Boilers are 6-1 and only game with <60% WP left is at Indiana.

1 Like

Izzo is badly unhinged lately, I don’t understand how he’s not getting tossed from some of these nose-to-nose freakout confrontations

10 Likes

That’s beyond embarrassing.

1 Like

They meant to chant “Foster’s Lager” but are too spaced out from a two-day, full weekend bender with no classes today.

1 Like

Hard not to think about the Josh Langford foot injury with this situation with Malik Hall. Langford was never the same again and missed a long time, and here we have hall trying to come back and getting hurt again. They’re roster fits together okay when he’s playing a lot of minutes, and starts to fall apart when he can’t.

Is that even the rule? I know I’m from the dark ages, before video review and a lot of other things, too, but I thought the rule was, if you can’t make a determination after going to the monitor, for like EVER, in this and so many cases, you go with the call on the floor. The call on the floor was Purdue possession. Purdue should not have lost the arrow.

Now, it didn’t matter. Purdue rightfully got the ball, and the arrow didn’t come into play again after that, but it could’ve. What just p*sses me off is that Izzo and the Spartan fans went crazy on the officials for awarding the ball to Purdue which should have been the outcome anyway.

Back to my original point, so what is it? Can the officials just go with the arrow rather than going with how it was called on the floor?

Oh, and “Timer Bob,” too! :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I absolutely agree! He just can’t possibly retire to soon. He’s just unbelievable, and he complains even when he gets calls. I certainly understand “working” the officials, but he’s just ridiculous.

Now, the atmosphere in Breslin, that’s unbelievable and ridiculous, too, but in a good way…for the home team. I’ll probably be “down voted” for this part of my comment, but it’s true. They have a tremendous home court advanced there.

6 Likes
1 Like

I think it’s shameful that the Big Ten is rigging the conference for blue bloods like Purdue, Rutgers, and Iowa and screwing workaday programs like Michigan State and Ohio State.

7 Likes

What’s the officiating controversy here? The reviews were long and ridiculous but is there a call people are upset about?

3 Likes

Yes, all the ones that didn’t benefit MSU, apparently.

6 Likes
6 Likes

I think they didn’t like the Tyson foul trying to get over the screen. But it followed the completely random “it was inconclusive so here flip the possession arrow in MSU’s favor” and then was followed by phantom seconds being added giving them a better late look. I can’t really see why there should be outrage.

3 Likes

Izzo was crying about every foul call that Edey got. It was really embarrassing.

1 Like

I got excited yesterday when I saw someone in the front row on the side opposite the student section get up and cheer. I thought maybe the times were changing.

It turned out to be Jalen Rose. Now, if Jalen comes to every game, maybe we’ll have something…

3 Likes

What makes me sad — and this is what I think we really have to look at — that is an over-use injury. That was not an injury because something happened. That was an over-used, over-worked injury, and you’re seeing more of those.

1 Like

Izzo seems to be irate about EVERY call, and the fans follow his lead.

I watched the last 6 or 8 minutes and it seemed to me the Spartans got the benefit of the whistle. And honestly the reviews helped the Spartans, or could have. Purdue deserved to get possession on the first, painfully long, review, and on the second…1.8 seconds? Please! “Timer Bob” at his best as a Spartan homer! :wink:

AND, how does this have anything to do with THE University of Michigan?!? Such ridiculous takes, but what else is new!?! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Referring to UofM as “scum” is truly one of the stupidest things in sports rivalries. If Clemson wanted to use that on South Carolina that would make sense maybe.

2 Likes

I was thinking of Caris Levert.

Dylan, do you think Michigan has “cracked the code” to their lineup woes with the two big lineup and do you think it might become one of the most popular lineup combinations that they run with? Also do you think it could change the upside/potential of this team drastically?

2 Likes