Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Wasn’t this guy supposed to run the Big Ten? re: Kohler

10 PPG was the expectation @buckets12 :rofl:

Tough call but an irate Izzo in an MLK shirt was so easy to predict

That was a hook and hold on Edey

1 Like

kinda surprised that wasn’t a H&H on Edey

MSU’s offense is so cheeks. I don’t enjoy watching it. If Hauser isn’t getting open 3s it’s all mid range jumpers or Hoggard post ups

That was the right call. It’s a reach

3 Likes

Edey was holding the ball. IDK that you can say he was holding Sissoko when he has to hold the ball. Not sure I remember many other situations like that tho

4 Likes

Yeah that’s why I hate the hook & hold call. Edey grabbed the rebound and Sissoko reached in, didn’t even touch the ball. What is Edey supposed to do?

3 Likes

A Loyer flop at Breslin lets gooooo

The largest part of me being high on Kohler was me thinking Sissoko would never be playable whatsoever. But yeah woooof

1 Like

What are the fans chanting?

“Foster’s better”

Edey is missing enough shots to make MSU’s strategy viable, but woof no way he should miss that one when Cooper is guarding him

1 Like

In 36 games last season, Tyson Walker took 74 threes (made 47%).

In 17 games coming into today, he’s taken 70 (at a 40% clip).

It’s criminal that he didn’t play and shoot more last season.

1 Like

You have to pick and pop Edey IMO. If you aren’t making him move it is just so tough to score on Purdue.

3 Likes

Feels like ILL may have put the playbook out on guarding MSU to me. Stay all the way home on Hauser/Akins/Brooks, go with drop coverage and funnel Walker/Hoggard into 70% of the team’s shots from long two range.

Eddy one rebound away from a first half double-double.

MSU has been sub 1 PPP against Gonzaga, Alabama, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Penn State, and Michigan… I think the playbook on guarding MSU has been out there.

They are very good on D though.

2 Likes

Purdue should be winning by so much more. Edey has missed some major league bunnies

2 Likes