Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

I wish we had a guy like Carr coming down the pipeline. Would love an athletic wing

3 Likes

Unfortunately that roster might be the big ten favorite next year

Ehh I’m not sure. They fit a team that would be picked as such but that’s still a team of good players but no great players. Kind of gives me IU this year vibes. Walker, Hoggard or Akins would have to become a star. Which is possible.

That was me assuming Edey is gone. And I think Hall and Hoggard is a good enough combo with Walker as a third wheel to be as good a “big 3” as there is in the conference

Is Tyson Walker coming back? Would be a nice roster if Walker and Hall use their COVID years. Feel like it needs shooting though.

2 Likes

If I was Izzo the first thing I’d try and do is get Walker back.

But at the same time I will be completely shocked if Fears, Holloman, Hoggard, Akins and Walker are all on the same roster next season. You bring Walker back and you lose Holloman or maybe even Akins IMO

2 Likes

I mean, keep Walker before Hoggard or Holloman. I just am not sure what the direction of MSU’s offense is at this point and it has been a multi-year thing.

The two guys who can make shots efficiently at volume on this team could be gone which makes it tough.

MSU’s not doubling Edey early

MSU is not, yes came here to mention that

1 Like

Was so surprised by it I couldn’t type

1 Like

Poor Hauser lol

2 Likes

He has all 6 of Purdue’s points, though has missed a few already but he’s getting whatever he wants

1 Like

I guess it sort of makes sense to not double with the Hall news. You probably want to keep other guys relatively fresh and out of foul trouble instead of chasing rotations and risking getting involved on Edey.

But with how well the double gameplan worked against HD and Purdue’s shooting as a team being worse than Michigan’s on the season percentage wise, I’m shocked by it

3 Likes

MSU has started digging down on Edey now. Michigan has used the “let Purdue’s big score a million points” strategy but I don’t know that against this version of Purdue if that’s the best call. Maybe they’re gonna switch things up a lot

I think playing straight up for a few possessions with Sissoko on the floor is the right call. He’s big and strong enough to force a tough shot and you HAVE to double when the other bigs are out there.

Feels kind of like a Juwan Howard bench group.

And then:

FGs: 0 OF LAST 8

FGs: 1 OF LAST 10
SCORING DROUGHT 5:06

3 Likes

Bit of Michigan at the Breslin deja vu there as Smith gets his 2nd foul for a push off.

1 Like

They’re not doubling with Kohler :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Rolled my eyes so much at that call. But Edey’s drop step on Kohler had me cackling

1 Like

easiest 2 points of Edey’s career

he must have been absolutely rolling on the floor in laughter in his inner monologue

2 Likes