Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Maryland takes one on the chin at Iowa. They are sure to bounce back in their next game with a big home W vs. Michigan

4 Likes
3 Likes

Obviously, Michigan is the second best team in the league

12 Likes

Wow the efficiency chart posted really does reinforce this idea. I get they have played a tough schedule but if Michigan is the 2nd best team in the league :grimacing: then that is a road game they have to win.

3 Likes

Michigan and Maryland’s position in that chart is due in large part to the blowout in Ann Arbor.

1 Like

Lolol Wisconsin

What is so frustrating is that if Michigan doesn’t totally pooop the bed in the waning seconds at Iowa you might actually believe we are among the second tier teams. A 5-1 Michigan team with two road wins and a strong efficiency margin starts to get you excited. I would also imagine that efficiency looks even better without the overtime collapse.

Sadly, we all know this team is so inconsistent and prone to blunders that we don’t trust it.

6 Likes

Ah yes, Michigan’s defense being 3rd in the conference is totally sustainable and likely to be true moving forward

1 Like

This is where I am at too. If you look at the B1G in a vacuum and totally ignore the non-con then these numbers are believable. Problem is, and rightfully so, we have the non-con to look at and much of what we are seeing is matching that pattern.

BUT we are a collapse at Iowa and playing about as bad a game as we could @ MSU away from being undefeated in the league. Plus with guards growing up quickly and a rotation that is slowly getting settled we could still have some runway. Just have to start doing it consistently and who knows if/when that will ever come.

1 Like

Sparty plays Purdue tomorrow after which dropping below M in the standings.:thinking::wink::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am liking this with my very special making it actually happen like button.

1 Like

PSA for those not realizing it: Purdue/MSU tips at 2:30 this afternoon.

4 Likes

Any word on Hall’s status? Bring swing in this game at the Breslin.

He was seen in a boot over the weekend but nobody definitively knows.

Damn. Hate to hear that. Dude is fun to watch!

1 Like

Pour one out for Tiny Tim.

On a serious note, that’s brutal for Hall. He is a really nice player.

5 Likes

Seems like an overuse injury. Just practicing too much.

1 Like

That freakin stinks man. Hate to see it for Hall.

2 Likes

Dang. Brutal for him and for MSU. They’re a different team with him

I don’t mean to sound trivial with this part, but I think this almost guarantees Malik is playing a 5th year next year at MSU. So they likely run it back with everyone minus Hauser. Gnna have a lot of guards tho so not sure how they keep everyone happy there. Keon Coleman is gonna deserve some minutes!

As another aside, on MSU’s class I like Carr and Fears but am not sold on Booker being a difference maker next year. He’s like the archetype of a really underwhelming OAD

2 Likes